• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    Mojave Child
    • Aug 2010

Hello from AZ

Hi Guys,

I am new to this site. Its very cool...I live in Arizona and as you all know we have a ton of old mines out here. I first got into finding old mines back in 2006 when I found a vertical shaft in some local mountains with my uncle. Ever since then I have been on 4x4 exploration trips to try to find old mines. I have also gotten into caving a little bit too. Exploring mines has interested me for quite a while now, but I have not really done anything besides walked into a shaft a short distance. Anyways, REALLY cool website.

Devin
    -Devin

'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.'
    -Thomas Jefferson
  • Jeff
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Nov 2008

Welcome Devin. Do some looking around on the site you should find the answers you are looking for, If not maybe Russ will chime in.
    Jeff
    Mojave Mine Team
    Follow me on Facebook

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Welcome to MU!
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Welcome to the forum!
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• RockRacer
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Dec 2008

Welcome Devin! I guess that's what happens. You run into one, have a good experience, and your hooked. Unless you have a bad experience. Maybe that's what happened to those who want them closed.
          Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• rollerton
            Mojave Baby
            • Apr 2010

hi Devin,

what areas in AZ are you exploring? Good to have some more Arizona folks here too!

bob.

Comment

• Devin
              Mojave Child
              • Aug 2010

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Hi Bob,

I have been to the Bradshaws and found some mines out there....Tiger....Del Pasco....Gladiator....and some other smaller ones. I have also been in the north Bradshaws south of Prescott. One area that I have been to alot over the years is the Sunflower Mine in the mazatzal mtns NW of Mt. Ord on the way to Payson. There are a good number of mines in that area and there is a lot of 4x4ing and exploring to be done out there. I have also been to some other various places including the Pinal Mts. south of Globe. I saw somewhere in this forum a post of yours that you own a mine up near Crown King. That is a really cool area. Have you done a lot of exploring up there?

Devin
              -Devin

'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.'
              -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• rhartill
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Jun 2008

Probably more than you care to know about AZ.

AZ is a second home to me, having several relatives in the Phx-Scottsdale area...

Welcome!

Welcome. Our website features 100+ free trails, overland trip reports, and abandoned & historic sites throughout Arizona.

Dedicated to the Preservation of the Crown King Arizona historic mining town

Comment

• rollerton
                  Mojave Baby
                  • Apr 2010

Hi Devin,

After school at Flagstaff (NAU) I left the state and Crown King for like 25 years. only recenly returned and began to explore again. I as a rule don't go into mines, I suppose its all those childhood lectures. This will be an exception this fall when open it up and take a look. I have a mine engineers report from 1917 so it will be interesting to compare. Still need to figure out what to take for a camera.

Would love to lower a camera into the Tiger shaft and get a look of that one too.

Here is the family mine around 1920: http://gallery.javalina.com/v/crownk...geViewsIndex=1

bob.

Comment

Working...