X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deemaz
    Mojave Baby
    • Jul 2010

Grettings

Hey everybody IM a Utahan Ive been collecting rocks minerals fossils and exploring mines Sence i was a little kid but my expertise Is in paleontology My Dad is the owner of a commercial fossil company that leases a section of rock on the green river formation in southwest Wyoming not to far from the town of kemmerer I Lived at the quarry and worked there for several years as far as my experience with exploring mine ive been into many of the mines in the gold hill district before those dumb asses at the utah division of mine reclamation sealed them shut ive been into a few up little cottonwood canyon by grizzly gulch ive been into the utah queen and a few others in the oquirrh mountains and some in the San Rafael swell I hope this Intro helps to prove my legitimacy heres a link to pictures of fossils my dad an I have found over the years. http://www.juddcom.com/photos/index....bum=JC+Fossils
  • RockRacer
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Welcome deemaz! Yes, intros are good. Hope I didn't offend you (or anyone else for that matter) earlier. I believe there is a reason why not all info is publicly available here. The last thing that MU would want to do is help the mine reclamation efforts. Sounds like you could really add some knowledge to the group.

Cool pictures! So are you Jared and JC Fossils is your dad's company?
    Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed some of the fossil photos. I've always been intrigued by fossils and the animal who "made" them.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• deemaz
        Mojave Baby
        • Jul 2010

Naw no offense taken at all I totally understand why all in info isn't publicly available on here. yup I'm Jared all the pictures on that site of me were taken 3 or 4 years ago though and yes my dad owns JC fossils.

Comment

• RockRacer
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by deemaz
          Naw no offense taken at all I totally understand why all in info isn't publicly available on here. yup I'm Jared all the pictures on that site of me were taken 3 or 4 years ago though and yes my dad owns JC fossils.
          Cool.
          Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• one_bad_rover

Just an opinion

So, IMHO, it seems that to hide or not disclose these sites is only doing a disservice to people that come here to learn. The main gripe that most have with the cavers is that you have to be part of their "little clan" and "earn your stripes" before they will "let" you go somewhere on public land.
            I think its the wrong way, and it doesnt encourage public participation in the "sport". Plus, Ive always found that the more you share with people the more they will reciprocate.
            The BLM and DOGM know about all of the sites we are visiting, they know where they are, how to get there and when they plan on closing them.
            To hide these sites away makes us exactly like the cavers and the BLM and DOGM. The info is there, you are expected to suck a lot of ass to get it. I dont think its right.

Comment

• RockRacer
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Dec 2008

Re: Just an opinion

Originally posted by one_bad_rover
              So, IMHO, it seems that to hide or not disclose these sites is only doing a disservice to people that come here to learn. The main gripe that most have with the cavers is that you have to be part of their "little clan" and "earn your stripes" before they will "let" you go somewhere on public land.
              I think its the wrong way, and it doesnt encourage public participation in the "sport". Plus, Ive always found that the more you share with people the more they will reciprocate.
              The BLM and DOGM know about all of the sites we are visiting, they know where they are, how to get there and when they plan on closing them.
              To hide these sites away makes us exactly like the cavers and the BLM and DOGM. The info is there, you are expected to suck a lot of ass to get it. I dont think its right.
              You may be right Corey. I wouldn't mind hearing Stuart's and Mike's thoughts.
              Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

Working...