X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chadjensen
    Mojave Baby
    • Jul 2010

Hi all

Hi all. Just saw your presentation at ugpc. I have always loved mining past present and future and have always wanted to explore old mines but was always told to stay out because they are dangerous. Good to meet you guys and hope to go on an expedition with you.
    Chad
    It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.
    Terry Pratchett
  • ghostshot
    Mojave Child
    • Jul 2010

Chad,welcome...very interesting and informative on this site. A great sense of humor here as well.
    So many ghosts, so little time.

Comment

• acidman1968
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Jun 2010

Welcome, Chad! I haven't been lucky enough to go on any underground adventures with the group, but over the years I've done a lot of hiking and exploring the surface around mining areas... Some day perhaps, I'll be able to tag along on one of the trips below ground with some experienced folks so I can start learning the basics.
      I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• RockRacer
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Dec 2008

Re: Hi all

Originally posted by chadjensen
        Hi all. Just saw your presentation at ugpc. I have always loved mining past present and future and have always wanted to explore old mines but was always told to stay out because they are dangerous. Good to meet you guys and hope to go on an expedition with you.
        Chad
        Welcome Chad!

To go along with staying out of mines because they are dangerous, I would like to extend the recommendation of staying away from roads. Definitely never cross them!
        Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of folks here who share your love of history and mining. It would be irresponsible to claim that mine exploration is without risk, but so are many of the activities that we enjoy. Like other hazardous activities, the risks can be managed through training, common sense, and proper safety equipment.

Glad you found us!

Joanne
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Derek
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2008

Welcome!
            -Derek
            Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Johanna2010

Your forums is very nice to visit .I have visited lot of post but yours is the best one.I really enjoy to visit your post.I feel very happy to visit your post.Thanks for sharing Keep posting such a good post.

outlook add ins

Comment

• Dawn_CL
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Miner
                • Nov 2009

A very large welcome to you Johanna and chadjensen. We hope your visits here are very pleasant and informational.

Dawn
                Dawn

Comment

Working...