• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miner Greg
    Mojave Baby
    • Jan 2010

Hello from the East

Hello,

I just wanted to announce myself, but I am Miner Greg from www.ironminers.com. We are basically your counterpart on the East, but we are a mining history site based out in the East, NJ, NY, PA, CT, MA, VT, with reaches to the entire US! Some of our core group has even made it to Mexico and Alaska! We've been out your way many times and have documented many sites out that way. While we primarily study Iron and Anthracite, we have been in almost every type of mine out there. I wanted to send out a big hello to your group and also wanted to extend a personal invitation to our site. I hope one day we might be able to cross paths, as we've found the west really isn't that far from the east.

Miner Greg
    Mining History of the US from the East

www.ironminers.com
  • Kao
    Mojave Child
    • Jan 2010

Hi and welcome you guys have been around. After myself and a few others in AZ found and explored the Golden Turkey mine i did some more research on it online and found your site. nice walk through on it btw.
    Adventure Adventure Adventure !!

Solitude Underground

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Your site rocks!

Awesome photography and a mysterious appeal in the wording of the slide shows. Very well done! Congratulations on the Yahoo pick also, that is quite the accomplishment in today's crowded internet.

We will be soon be announcing a big nationwide event that is aimed at getting all the mine enthusiast groups in the U.S. working together on common ground towards preservation and documentation of threatened historical sites throughout the country. I will be sure to personally inform you of the conference as soon as we get everything locked down.

One of these days we will be able to get together and do some real exploring!
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Kao
        Mojave Child
        • Jan 2010

I am down with that Stuart just having finished SU link in sig. maybe even create a web ring for everyone participating to link all site dedicated to the cause on a single page?
        Adventure Adventure Adventure !!

Solitude Underground

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

Welcome to the forum! Always glad to see more underground fans.

Great website you have! Great design and execution.

Joanne
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Dawn_CL
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Nov 2009

Heyyy Greg, You might know me as a member over on your site even though i havent got around to posting yet.

Welcome here!

Dawn
            Dawn

Comment

• Jeff
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Nov 2008

Welcome To MU!
              Jeff
              Mojave Mine Team
              Follow me on Facebook

Comment

• rhartill
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Jun 2008

Welcome Gregg, from an ex- New Jerseyian who transplanted himself out west at the ripe old age of 3! Have you ever been to the Franklin and Sterling Hill Mines in NW NJ? You are right, West and East are not that far apart, and iron is usually in close proximity to the Au Ag Pb Zn that is quite prevalent out west...Welcome to the forum...

Comment

• Miner Greg
                  Mojave Baby
                  • Jan 2010

Thanks a lot for the welcomes! Yeah I would be very excited to hear about the conference that you are planning on setting up. Unfortunately there really hasn't been much focus, until recently, on the history behind many of these mining sites around the country. In NJ, NY, and PA, we have lost a lot of history just recently on sites that were destroyed. All of this done without considering the importance of these sites, and how to preserve the history for future generations to understand and enjoy. It is actually a real shame. But I look forward in anything we can do for a better cause to the community.

Your site seems to be pretty active and is very well done. Lots of interesting trips and documented missions. I look forward in seeing more!

Miner Greg
                  Mining History of the US from the East

www.ironminers.com

Comment

• UGM Eric
                    Mojave Baby
                    • Apr 2010

Hello,

My name is Eric, im from North Eastern Pennsylvania, I belong to the Undergroundminers Group ( www.undergroundminers.com ) , You might find me also on the Iron Miners forum, I know some of you are familiar with that, my username on there is BELLAERIC. Im glad to see that there is another group out there that is into mine exploration. I currently an in an internship with the Office of Surface Mining here in Wilkes-Barre, I am there MIne Map repository Technician, and I am also a MIning Engineering Student at Penn State. If you want you could also read my bio here ( http://www.undergroundminers.com/eric2.html )

Comment

• Joanne
                      Mojave Outlaw
                      • Jul 2009

Hey Eric!

It's been pretty quiet around here for a little while, so let me be first to welcome you to MU! If you ever get out west you should hook up with some of the MU folks and see some of our western mines.

Joanne

Originally posted by UGM Eric
                      Hello,

My name is Eric, im from North Eastern Pennsylvania, I belong to the Undergroundminers Group ( www.undergroundminers.com ) , You might find me also on the Iron Miners forum, I know some of you are familiar with that, my username on there is BELLAERIC. Im glad to see that there is another group out there that is into mine exploration. I currently an in an internship with the Office of Surface Mining here in Wilkes-Barre, I am there MIne Map repository Technician, and I am also a MIning Engineering Student at Penn State. If you want you could also read my bio here ( http://www.undergroundminers.com/eric2.html )

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• UGM Eric
                        Mojave Baby
                        • Apr 2010

Sounds good, I was actually just pondering the thought of taking a road trip out there this summer, a little bit of a hike though haha, but that never stopped me before. Those are some pretty cool mines you have out your way.

Comment

• Joanne
                          Mojave Outlaw
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by UGM Eric
                          Sounds good, I was actually just pondering the thought of taking a road trip out there this summer, a little bit of a hike though haha, but that never stopped me before. Those are some pretty cool mines you have out your way.
                          I'm sure you would enjoy some of the mines out here. I've not been to any in Colorado, but the photos look amazing. Utah, Nevada, and California have great mines as well. If you head out this way, don't forget to pack your gear.

Joanne

Comment

Working...