X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lefler
    Mojave Baby
    • Dec 2009

New Member Lefler

Hi I am Brian Lefler and I found you guys cause I am an avid rockhound, I love digging through old tailing piles and stuff but never have been inside an abandoned mine. I am really scared I would die in there. So about me. I have a wife and two little boys and am currently in my final year to become a physician assistant. Before this I was a materials chemist and spent alot of time growing strange crystals and organic metal hybrid compounds. I know alot about chemistry and some about medicine and perhaps could be of help in determining safety as well as helping the underground organize some type of medical training/preparation for the unlikely event that someone gets hurt. I love minerals and would be excited to see any of your in mine finds. I currently reside in Washington county Utah and have done some exploring here of the local mines. I will let you know if I find anything worth visiting.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Thanks for introducting yourself Brian. Good to have you on board. We don't make it down to Washington County often, but we frequently hit areas around there. What kind of crystals can you grow in a lab environment?
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• lefler
      Mojave Baby
      • Dec 2009

mostly organic molecules akin to what you get when you grow sugar crystals. All molecules have a crystal form if you can get them pure enough. I made plastic magnets basically.

Comment

• RockRacer
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Dec 2008

I am fairly new too Brian, but welcome anyways! I also have a wife and 2 little boys.

Sounds like you have more to offer than I, but if mines scare you, this might not be the right place for you. :P
        Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• ryan162
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Feb 2009

bah you'll be skipping through mines whistling a tune in no time haha.

Comment

• ExpUt
            True Mojave
            • Jul 2008

Welcome to MU
            Kurt Williams
            CruiserOutfitters.com
            ExpeditionUtah.com
            MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Crystal

Welcome Brian!