• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antrtic
    Mojave Baby
    • Oct 2009

new guy to the group

Hi All,

Avid mine explorer looking to join up with others!

Bill
  • Crystal

Welcome to the site Bill, great to have you aboard!
    To find out about upcoming exploration trips please go to our Meetup page.

Comment

• antrtic
      Mojave Baby
      • Oct 2009

Hi Crystal,

Thats great you have a meetup that likes to do this stuff... Down here in ABQ (albuquerque), if it doesnt involve booze, you get a pretty low turnout! I am a leader for meetup here doing rock climbs, canyoneering and other educational stuff.

Im a pretty serious caver and mine explorer. I was wanting to see if anyone is interested in doing a mission in CO. The mine I got a tip about in Sliverton has over 2000' vertical and MILES of tunnel workings. We went in, but there are cave-ins and the only way around is getting up levels. (sketchy ladders and old skip rails) I was pretty excited (cause there was tons of other stuff in there... engines, ore cars, workshops, compressors etc... I would feel better going back with other experienced people!

Sounds like you do pretty fun stuff... scares most people I know away!

I look forward to chatting more!

Bill

Comment

• Stuart
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

silverton

Welcome to Mojave Underground Bill!

I love Meetup, it is a great little tool and has been priceless so far. Some of us were up in Silverton in June after giving a presentation in Creede. There are several large mines up there that I would love to go explore. Perhaps we can collaborate and plan a trip for early next summer...
        -Stuart Burgess
        Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
        Burgess Exploration LLC
        http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
        Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• ExpUt
          True Mojave
          • Jul 2008

Welcome to the site Bill.

Would love to hear more about the mine in Silverton you've explored. If you wouldn't mind sharing the name with me I would love to see what information and maps I might have of it. (PM if your comfortable)
          Kurt Williams
          CruiserOutfitters.com
          ExpeditionUtah.com
          MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Joanne
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by antrtic
            Hi Crystal,

Thats great you have a meetup that likes to do this stuff... Down here in ABQ (albuquerque), if it doesnt involve booze, you get a pretty low turnout! I am a leader for meetup here doing rock climbs, canyoneering and other educational stuff.

Im a pretty serious caver and mine explorer. I was wanting to see if anyone is interested in doing a mission in CO. The mine I got a tip about in Sliverton has over 2000' vertical and MILES of tunnel workings. We went in, but there are cave-ins and the only way around is getting up levels. (sketchy ladders and old skip rails) I was pretty excited (cause there was tons of other stuff in there... engines, ore cars, workshops, compressors etc... I would feel better going back with other experienced people!

Sounds like you do pretty fun stuff... scares most people I know away!

I look forward to chatting more!

Bill
            Welcome Bill!

That sounds like a really neat trip. It'd be a LONG haul from down here in Vegas, but it might be worth it. It would be neat to see a mine with a lot of remaining equipment in it. My mine explorations so far have been pretty empty.

Joanne
            Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

Working...