X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MiningEngineer
    Mojave Baby
    • Sep 2009

New guy here in SLC

Hello there, I saw you guys in the parade in Park City yesterday and had to sign up. I'm working on my M.S. in Mining Engineering at the University of Utah and I love exploring old mines. I used to play underground from time to time when I lived in New Mexico, but I haven't been underground in over a year and am itching to do more.
    I'm always interested in going underground and particularly enjoy looking at the old technology and engineering found in abandoned mines, and mapping and structural geology interest me as well. Adding to my mineral collection is always fun too. Anyway, I hope to get out and play soon in the Salt Lake area.
    Anthony L
    "Ignorance is the root of all adventure"
  • Derek
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2008

Welcome! We have been waiting to get a Mining Engineer on board that is also interested in abandoned mine exploring.
    -Derek
    Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• rhartill
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jun 2008

Welcome! from a Colorado School of Mines student Class of 1973 who went on to get a degree in history from Cal State Fullerton instead and is now practicing law. Best wishes as you pursue your MS at the UofU...

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Welcome to Mojave Underground. Glad you saw us at the parade! We gave events all the time in the Oquirr range. We'll be in Ophir this weekend for the Ophir Fest. if you want to have a run through the Ophir Hill, we'd be happy to take you in. Send me a PM if interested. I guarantee you'd love it. Otherwise, keep posted on our meetup site for our scheduled events.

Thanks again for signing up!
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Stuart
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

Welcome!
          I'm glad you saw us in the parade, it was a lot of fun to be the only entry on miners day that was actually mine related. I'd love to take you around and show you any example of mine engineering that you could ever wish to see, I have seen just about every style of stoping and drilling underground and I would very much like to hear some more about the different methods from someone who is studying them. If you haven't visited our meetup site already I would highly recommend it: http://www.meetup.com/Mojave-Underground/
          This is where we manage all our our activities, you will notice that we have an upcoming Introduction to Abandoned Mine Exploration trip scheduled later this month. Our intro trips are a great way to get to know everyone and get a tour of the famous Ophir Hill mine.
          -Stuart Burgess
          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
          Burgess Exploration LLC
          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• John
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Oct 2008

A big welcome from me too!
            Hope you stick around to learn and teach.

Comment

• ExpUt
              True Mojave
              • Jul 2008

Welcome to the site!

I graduated from the U's Engineering Program (Mechanical) in 2006 and often wished I had persued Mining instead, I've actually looked into taking a couple of classed in the MineEng department that looked really interesting... I might have to hit you up for some suggestions. Again, welcome to the site!
              Kurt Williams
              CruiserOutfitters.com
              ExpeditionUtah.com
              MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• MiningEngineer
                Mojave Baby
                • Sep 2009

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Mike, thanks for the invite but I can't make it this weekend. I should be able to make it to the meetup in Ophir on the 26th though. Sounds fun!
                Anthony L
                "Ignorance is the root of all adventure"

Comment

• Mr.Irksome
                  Mojave Child
                  • Aug 2009

Welcome! It'll be cool to see you around!

Comment

• Jeff
                    Advanced Explorer
                    Mojave Miner
                    • Nov 2008

Welcome! and hope to see you on the 26th.
                    Jeff
                    Mojave Mine Team
                    Follow me on Facebook

Comment

Working...