• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nevada Outback
    Mojave Baby
    • Aug 2009

Nevada Outback - The new guy

[b]
    I am new to this site, but not new to the exploration addiction. I have been exploring around for more years than I care to admit. I just don't ever get tired of being out exploring the country. I always have to look over the next hill.
    I would like to thank Stuart for inviting me to join this group. I have looked at some of the forums and it looks like a great group of people.
    I am a GPS junkie and GPS everything that I do. By doing this if someone tells me there is not a road somewhere I can look at my maps that I have made to see if I have ever been there. Including government officials that want to close our roads to us.
    Stuart said that I could promote my new book here on the forum and I thank him very much for that. Like I said I GPS everything that I do and research everywhere for GPS coordinates for ghosttowns and old mines. With the many years that I have been doing this I have published a book with over 400 GPS coordinates for ghosttowns and over 1400 for mines and old digs. Volume 1 covers Elko, Eureka, Lander and White Pine counties of Nevada.

If someone would like to look at the book and the review that the Elko Dailey Free Press published in the local newpaper go to:

To purchace the book email: westernoutbackpublishing@live.com
    The book sell for $17.95 + $5.00 S+H
    Happy Hunting for whatever it is that you are looking for. Remember, take only pictures and leave only tracks. See you in the Outback...
  • Troy
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Mar 2009

Welcome to mojave underground, outback. Your book sounds interesting, thanks for sharing.
    Troy E.

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

Welcome from southern Nevada! I've been up in Elko a couple of times in the last year doing training. Great area up there! It's a long haul from Vegas though... LOL. I'll have to save a few pennies and order your book. A bunch of us teardrop trailer folks are heading up to Austin in a couple of weeks for a few days of camping and Dutch Oven cooking. Sounds like your book would be ideal reading material while I'm up there.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mark1955
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Dec 2008

Welcome! I love Nevada, it offers ALOT more then Utah offers and it seems the folks you have sitting in your capitol have a bit mroe sense when it comes to antiquities then they do here. I envy you and I too have spent quite a bit of time exploring many parts of Nevada. To most Nevada seems like a lifeless dull place but to our sort it very definiteayl is not. BTW: Did you know Wally, the guy that ran the rock shop over in Fallon? He passed away a couple years ago moving a huge Wonderstone boulder to his shop but the shop still exists and wally was the person in that area and had endless stories to tell about mines. Much of the minerals he sold in his shop were minerals he got out of the many mines in the area himself. He was a really cool guy!

Joanne... have a good time in Austin... I love that place!!!

Mark

Comment

• ExpUt
          True Mojave
          • Jul 2008

Welcome to MU Nevada Outback!

Anyplace you recommend in the Elko County area that would carry your book? I've got an annual Tabor Creek trip planned for this coming weekend (Labor Day) and would love to spend some time out in the hills searching out some mines and sites.

If not, how soon could I have a copy of your book here in Utah if I ordered it Monday morning?
          Kurt Williams
          CruiserOutfitters.com
          ExpeditionUtah.com
          MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Nevada Outback
            Mojave Baby
            • Aug 2009

Kurt,

The N.E. Nevada Museum has the books for sale. They are open Sat. and Sun.

Thank you very much for your interest in my book.

Nevada Outback
            Happy Hunting for whatever it is that you are looking for. Remember, take only pictures and leave only tracks. See you in the Outback...

Comment

• ExpUt
              True Mojave
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Nevada Outback
              Kurt,

The N.E. Nevada Museum has the books for sale. They are open Sat. and Sun.

Thank you very much for your interest in my book.

Nevada Outback
              Great, I'll plan on picking it up there. Thanks!

-Kurt
              Kurt Williams
              CruiserOutfitters.com
              ExpeditionUtah.com
              MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Nevada Outback
                Mojave Baby
                • Aug 2009

Mark,

I see you have been to Belmont Mill.. That area is one of my favorite places to visit.
                Have you been up to the Belmont Mine?

Nevada Outback

Comment

Working...