X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoke
    Mojave Baby
    • Jan 2009

Hi...

Hi, newbie to Mojave Underground. Have been looking for others interested in Wasatch Front Urban Speleology for a while. I found Mojave through web searching for Urban spelunking in Utah. Hoping someone might be able to steer me in the right direction if there is already a group in-place.
    I am a former climbing and NSS guide, worked for several years back east, doing a lot of caving and guide work in Tennessee, but have always really been interested in Urban and wondered if there was much in the greater Salt Lake CIty area.
    Urban i know always gets a little "questionable" at times, so thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.
  • Jake
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Dec 2007

First I must say Welcome to Mojave Underground!!! Second I think you found the right place for Urban Exploration. Mojave Underground is more about Mine Exploration but, it also ranges from Caves to Guns to Photography to Ghost Towns etc. So whatever you like Mojave Underground almost has it all.
    -Jake Burgess
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Howdy, Spoke. Us leaders of MU have delved a fair bit into Urban Exploration. I don't know much about the SLC area, as we are all down in Orem, but Lehi has the haunted hospitol, which is a blast to explore at night. There is the old mill in Cotton Wood canyon, which Stu could tell you more about, along with an abandoned factory somewhere near the salt lake.

Great to have you on board, feel free to join us any time.
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...