• Show
Clear All
  • Mark1955
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

New to the group!

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this group but not new to mine or Ghost Town exploration. I travel alot for my job and this also affords me time to visit many areas of intersst in Wyoming, Nevada and Montana. I was part of the GRE group for a couple of years but got very busy with work and fell out of touch with Corey. Hopefully Corey can get his mailing list working again so I can head out with them again at some point. Also if there are any trips or such please let me know as I'd love to join up with an experienced group of people... before many of these places are gone. Please drop me a PM reagarding any group trips and such. I am VERY impressed with your photo gallery and would love to add to it.

Hope to hear fomr some of you soon.....

Mark1955
  • RedRockXJ
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2008

Glad you found us Mark!
    Josh
    - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

welcome mark

Welcome to the group Mark!

We are taking all kinds of trips this winter, on Wednesday night we will be camping inside the Ophir Hill mine for our New Years celebration. On January 17th we are heading out to the desert to do some target practice and test out each others guns. In February we are planning a road trip to visit some mines down where things are thawed out a bit. Also keep your eyes open for any last minute trips that may pop up. Members of the group take trips out to the mines pretty much every week, I know I never go more than two weeks without getting underground in some fashion.

I would love to have you contribute to our photo gallery! Mike can get you set up with a folder on the FTP to upload pictures to. Hope you can make it out on a trip with us soon.
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Welcome Mark!
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Derek
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2008

Welcome Mark! I have been on some of Corey's trips also so I may have run into you already.
          -Derek
          Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mark1955
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Dec 2008

I know I have met some of you. I may consider comming to the New Years Mine explore, sounds great! My wife is having her left knee replaced on the 5th, so it may be my last chance tog et out for a while... BTW: Brenda loves to explore mines and ghost towns too but her knees being so bad has caused her to gain alot of weight... now that she's getting new joints... the right onew in March... and can get back in shape she'll also want to join in some of the trips.

Comment

• Derek
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2008

It looks like I have met you. I went on the trip with GRE to the Wilson mine and during that trip we also visited the Cactus mine.
              -Derek
              Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Derek
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Jul 2008

I see that you have been to Pioche, NV. When we were in Goldsrpings about 4 years ago and wanted to get over there and check it out, but were unable to get there. Were there any open mines?
                -Derek
                Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mark1955
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Outlaw
                  • Dec 2008

I attend Showest Convention in Las Vegas every year and my usual route is through the desert... really... is there any other way to get to Vegas??? I don't kow of one! This takes me through Delta along route 50 into Nevada... Head south to Pioche and down through Caliente and on to Vegas. I have a funny story I'll share some day about the fuel pump in the car going bad and being able to coast a 16 mile stretch with the engine off. Anbyway yes, there is lots of stuff in Pioche to see includinig a small museum. There is a tramway that spans most of the way across town with buckets still hanging.... and huge mines and mills left. Pioche is also home of the most expensive County building ever erected in Nevada.

Check out my pics of Belmont Mill... That makes for a great 3 day trip.

Mark

Comment

Working...