• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaverStretch
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Oct 2008

Greetings and Salutations

Good to meet all of you. I've been mine exploring for some time. Look forward to meeting all of you and exchanging stories and notes.

My first mine exploring experience - I was 15 and working at a camp. We had heard rumors of a mine in the canyon across from where we worked. So on a saturday one of my friends at the camp and I decided that we would try and find it. Headed out and hiked up the hiked up the hill side. After following what looked like an old mining road we came across a pile of dirt that didn't look like the rest of the hill. So we followed it up and there it was. The mine. We went in and explored for about 30 minutes. Nothing major. Low ceilings and lots of water and mud. And I will admit, I was scared to death. But I thought it was soooooo cool.

So of course later that year in school one of my friends tells me about another mine in Rock Canyon called Buckley's Mine. So that saturday he took myself and some of my friends to see this mine. What an amazing mine. Pretty much it got me hooked on mine exploring. It's true. We went out every weekend looking for mines and caves. I've been all over Utah, but I realize that I have just scratched the surface of what's really out there.

I love the history of mines and the mining communities. And I love seeing cemetery's of old mining towns. My favorite is probably scofield cemetery. Well that's me in a nutshell. Hope to see you all underground soon.

Thanks, Robert.
    Robert Cranney
    Mojave Mine Team
    The "Dude with the Trailer"

"It's time to put on your big girl panties and climb that ladder."
  • Derek
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2008

Welcome!
    -Derek
    Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Welcome to Mojave Underground. Good to have you with us! While we haven't done much caving lately, me may end up doing some at a later time when mines become more inaccessible. Sounds like you know your stuff though. It would be great to chat sometime about some of the areas you've been.
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Welcome!

Quite the resume, I for one am really looking forward to some of your pictures!
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• UnderUtah
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jun 2008

Thanks for joining us Robert!

Your extensive experience and knowledge will truly be an asset. Hope to see you soon. Keep an eye on the site for trip postings and events.
          Miah
          Mojave Mine Team

"...It's the only way... Go in, or go back..."

Comment

• Jake
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Dec 2007

Welcome to Mojave Underground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you know your stuff!!!!!!!!
            -Jake Burgess
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
            Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...