• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

Newbie to MU but not to Mining History

Hello from Russ Hartill (thelivingwest). I am a 53 year old attorney from Sandy, Utah, who has been writing and studying mining history since 1972. I have searched for the Lost Gunsight Mine in Death Valley, the Lost Dutchman in AZ, and have interviewed miners and prospectors throughout the American West. I attended the Colorado School of Mines from 1973-1974, but switched majors and graduated from Cal State Fullerton with a history degree. My first book, Desert Fever, was a 200 yr history of mining in the California desert. It is out-of-print now, and my current project is to write the history of mining in Utah. I am interested in all aspects of utah mining history, financial, geological, and biographical. Some of my finds have been put on the internet at:

people (people) has uploaded 0 documents on Scribd.See people’s selection of books & audiobooks on Scribd. Start reading today on the web, iPad, iPhone & Android with a free trial.

and

Law Office of Russell D. Hartill, the law firm in Sandy, will provide you with expert advice in all legal questions and matters.

My interests include photography, collecting mining artifacts, mining history and bibliography.

Mojave Underground is a wonderful addition to the growing democratization of the historical, geological, and biographical heritage that belongs to all of us. I am happy to have found your site and look forward to learning and sharing with all.
    -Russ
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Hey Russ
    Thanks for introducing yourself! Sounds like you've had a a fair bit of experience in the field. Always good to have knowledgable people online with us. Glad you enjoy what you've found!

Thanks again for the resources and opportunity to activly act out against OGM. If you ever up for some exploration of some mines or towns, let us know! We'd love to meet up with you sometime and discuss. I'm going to have to read your 200-year history. The mojave desert has always intrigued me. I used to explore it all the time with my uncles when I was younger. It was half the inspirtion of our name.

Thanks again!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...