X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iamsquat
    Mojave Teen
    • Jun 2008

Hello!

Hello...I just moved out here to start college. I did a little bit of UE in some of the abandoned mining buildings from where I lived (no mines though) but I would be interested in doing anything around Provo and Orem.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Welcome to the site! Good to have you on board. Wish I could say there is lots to do in the Provo/Orem area, but most everything cool like that has been removed, closed, or is quite illegal. However, there are a lot of caves around here. Jump on the Wiki and click the General Caves List under the caves section. There are quite a bit of caves in the AF canyon area.

Look forward to your participation in the many other areas around Utah!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• iamsquat
      Mojave Teen
      • Jun 2008

Hey could you give me a little more information on Hansen Cave near Alpine? Me and a few friends think that it would be fun to go explore it. Also what sort of provisions would we need? Caving is a bit different from regular UE.

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Hmm. Timp grotto would be your best source of information on that one. Never been there. Hanson is part of the Timpanogos Cave system. It's entrance is not far off. It is part of the three main caves, Timpanogos, Middle, and Hanson. They are connected via man made tunnels. Its named after it's finder, Martin Hanson.

If I recall, you'd have to get permission from the grotto to gain entrance. It's gated and keyed and rumored to have a camera on the entrance.

Perhaps a member of the grotto here has some more info?
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...