X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • explorer
    Mojave Baby
    • May 2008

Hey everyone

Hey how's it going? I'm new to the site and have checked out some places from your site. Pretty cool website. I am originally from Chicago and moved here in 2000. Back home we used to like climbing different railroad bridges and also liked trying to get on rooftops of different buildings. Also liked checking out abandoned buildings and checking out different neighborhoods good and bad. Seems like it is hard to find people to explore places like these here in Utah so I would like to meet some people to go exploring with as well as find out new places to check out. In Utah I have checked out Frisco, Thistle, Ophir mine, Utah Launch Complex (found on this website thanks) abandoned salt factory on the salt flats, Thompson Springs. Also like checking out different mountain peaks. Last week I went to the Launch Complex again which is a cool place I found out about on this website. Anyways you can check out some of my pictures at
    Explore MMwally’s 1,649 photos on Flickr!

Hope to go on some adventures with you all soon.
    WL
  • Stuart
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Welcome!

Good pictures! It looks like you enjoy lightpainting! A few of us here, me included, enjoy lightpainting in old buildings and mines. I'll let you know when we go out and do that next. It looks like you have visited some of our favorite places, I hope you can come with us soon.

-Mojave
    -Stuart Burgess
    Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
    Burgess Exploration LLC
    http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
    Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Good to have you with us. Glad you found our information useful. How was your trip to the launch complex? Did you notice any security measures to keep people out? Rumors have it that the local police have been patrolling the area. Hopefully not.

Look forward to meeting you next time we go out. Keep posted and we'll let you know.
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• explorer
        Mojave Baby
        • May 2008

Checked out the Launch Complex twice this year and didn't run into any problems running into any cops or anything. Maybe I lucked out in not seeing them. Both times were weekdays. I parked near the tracks and walked there so if a cop did drive by then they wouldn't see a car parked out there. There was a helicopter the first time but I think it was checking out the power lines. 2nd time I went we climbed the watertower out there. Pretty cool.
        Just started trying light painting in an abandoned salt factory on the salt flats. Anyways I look forward to exploring some places with everyone.
        WL

Comment

• Mike
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

Good to hear that you didn't run into any police. Perhaps you did get lucky. We seem to luck out a lot ourselves. Really good light painting by the way. I like the thick coloring you used on the factory. Kinda gives it a laser tag arena feel.
          -Fish
          Mojave Mine Team
          MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...