X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eprobe
    Mojave Child
    • Jan 2009

Desert Rat

Hi my name is Eric and I live in Magna. I am a desert rat. I was born in the desert. I drive a worn out CJ-5 and my desert explorations often take me past old mines. I've explored a few that looked like they were holding up well, but I haven't gone too far. I've been lurking on this site since its inception but I plan to get more involved with the community.

I gotta say, this is a sucky time to be an enthusiast / explorer of old mines because they are all being closed off. The feds and locals have gotten downright religious about Disnefying the wild west. Bah.

I sometimes collect samples from tailing piles at the abandoned mines I visit. I don't take from mines that are claimed and/or staked. I used to be able to send them to an assayer and get a report back for about $25 but that was 18 years ago. Does anyone know of a reasonably-priced assay service for hobbyists?

Glad to be on board!
    My ride: '81 CJ-5, 3.31 gears, 151 engine, one-piece rear axle, Dana 300 transfer, 31 x 10.50 tires.
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

Welcome Eric!
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• kingpin
      Mojave Baby
      • Jun 2020

Welcome! I'm new here as well.
      Last edited by kingpin; 09-07-2020, 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling
      https://www.rykermcdermott.com/

Comment

• headhunter
        Mojave Baby
        • Oct 2020

Even though this is an old post, I see you have an '81 CJ-5 and I have an '85 CJ-8.

So, "Hello!" from a fellow CJ owner.

Christian

Comment

Working...