X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Paulson
    Mojave Child
    • Apr 2018

Hi from Springville, UT

Hi, all. I'm Matt Paulson out of Springville, UT. I have enjoyed looking through some of the forums here and the treasure trove of information they have. I am relatively new to mine exploration but find it fascinating. I first got into mine exploration when I stumbled upon a couple of adits on West Mountain, UT (just west of Payson). I have yet to go inside of them, but will soon when properly equipped. Since then I've also been on trips to the Drum Mountains and other areas of the west desert checking out other mining locations. This summer I plan to really expand my exploration deeper and look forward to using this forum as a guide.

Thanks!
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Matt Paulson
    Hi, all. I'm Matt Paulson out of Springville, UT. I have enjoyed looking through some of the forums here and the treasure trove of information they have. I am relatively new to mine exploration but find it fascinating. I first got into mine exploration when I stumbled upon a couple of adits on West Mountain, UT (just west of Payson). I have yet to go inside of them, but will soon when properly equipped. Since then I've also been on trips to the Drum Mountains and other areas of the west desert checking out other mining locations. This summer I plan to really expand my exploration deeper and look forward to using this forum as a guide.

Thanks!
    Hi Matt, I'm Joanne out of Las Vegas. The forum has been dormant for quite a while but hopefully that can change. There are so many old mines to explore that you'll run out of time before you run out of mines. If you are just getting into exploring, then it would be wise to find someone to explore with. You can do it solo, but it's safer with two or three.

If you are looking to get geared up, then feel free to post about your thoughts. Hopefully a few more folks will chime in on the conversation. There are so many choices each with pros and cons. Smart purchasing decisions will safe money in the long run.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• mr_ketchum
      Mojave Teen
      • Nov 2017

I'll try to list what always in my pack: I won't list the vertical stuff

glow sticks, easy to reach female pads, pen and sharpie, paper, zip ties, small roll duct tape, multi tool, lighter. Extra batteries for flashlight, extra AAA headlamp and extra batteries, extra masks, toilet paper, compass, first aid kit, emergency blanket, water, snacks/food.

There might be more in there. The pads are for quick sterile dressings. I have used them on myself a few times. Shut up, Kevin
      Last edited by mr_ketchum; 06-27-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Ashes_nonsense
        Mojave Baby
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by mr_ketchum
        I'll try to list what always in my pack: I don't do vertical.

glow sticks, easy to reach female pads, pen and sharpie, paper, zip ties, small roll duct tape, multi tool, lighter. Extra batteries for flashlight, extra AAA headlamp and extra batteries, extra masks, toilet paper, compass, first aid kit, emergency blanket, water, snacks/food.

There might be more in there. The pads are for quick sterile dressings. I have used them on myself a few times. Shut up, Kevin

Thanks for clarification I was wondering what pads would be for. That brilliant.

Comment

Working...