New member in CO (but raised in the mines of SW AZ)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baglock1
    Mojave Baby
    • Dec 2013

New member in CO (but raised in the mines of SW AZ)

Howdy all,

I'm currently living in Colorado Springs and looking at getting back into underground exploration. I was born and raised in Southwest Arizona and spent a lot of time in the desert exploring old abandoned mines. I ended up moving to Florida for ~10 years, and while there aren't very many mines over there, I did pick up SCUBA diving and wreck exploration. I found my way back to the southwest area though and am looking forward to getting back underground and sharing tips, stories, and possibly meeting up with locals (even though it seems like the site is more focused on areas in UT and NV).

Anyways, I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by baglock1
    Howdy all,

I'm currently living in Colorado Springs and looking at getting back into underground exploration. I was born and raised in Southwest Arizona and spent a lot of time in the desert exploring old abandoned mines. I ended up moving to Florida for ~10 years, and while there aren't very many mines over there, I did pick up SCUBA diving and wreck exploration. I found my way back to the southwest area though and am looking forward to getting back underground and sharing tips, stories, and possibly meeting up with locals (even though it seems like the site is more focused on areas in UT and NV).

Anyways, I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.
    Really sorry that I missed your post! I grew up in Tucson but didn't do any mine exploring during those years. My folks were all about staying out of old mine. A bit of caving and lava tubes piqued my interest in underground exploration. I also got into scuba, but never got my wreck cert (although I wanted to).

Although most of our exploration is CA, NV and UT, Colorado is full of mines. I would be interested in hearing about your explorations around there.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• baglock1
      Mojave Baby
      • Dec 2013

Thanks for the welcome Joanne. I’ve been a little busy with life lately so I haven’t even been able to explore your site much less get out and explore the local “attractions.” We’ve (family and I) been doing a lot of camping lately and it’s typically involved alpine lakes and fishing instead of caves and mineshafts.

I’m hoping to get out and hit a couple of sites in the next couple of weeks. If I do, I’ll be sure to get some pictures posted for you all.

Comment

Working...