X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottymeegs
    Mojave Baby
    • Apr 2013

New Explorer in Sugarhouse

Stumbled upon this site while searching for some mining roads I had heard about east of draper, which I think are accessed from AF canyon now.

Anyways I am fairly recent(1year) transplant from wayyyyy up in northern NY. Got a job promotion that shot me out this way. I have always loved exploring, especially old abandoned places. My first was an old cheese factory from the 40s (really just a small house shaped building) down the road and back in the woods from my house. Since then I have been obsessed with old abandoned structures and their history. Since I was a kid I have been a history buff, for sure got that from my dad. I am really obsessed with junk yards, especially old ones. As i am writing this I am thinking How much this site/organization/people with in it are "my type".

I am pretty obsessed with motorcycles. Since moving here I have been in awe with the amount offroad exploring to be had! Would love to meet some people who would be into dualsport historical exploring. would prefer day trips from SLC but also willing to do some weekend excursions. I really wouldnt mind a partner in crime, I say that as politically correct as possible....

Also a huge military buff, so any military establishment exploration please please count me in!

As far as mines go, they are pretty new to me. Not many from the area I grew up in. But I dont get too Claustrophobic and love the unknown. The only one I have have ever explored is in bountiful, off the bside trails. Not very long or deep, but still super cool!

I do have some climbing experience, rope experience (sailing/climbing), basic survival knowledge ( grew up in the outdoors and i was a boy scout haha), and I am fairly mechanically inclined

Anyways I look forward to meeting some ppl like me and do some exploring!

here is the b side mine
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cave.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	11493

drop tank found out west of strawberry res

Name:	drop.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	11491

New street legal explorer, ktm640e, still have the 2 smoker though!

Name:	lc4.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	11492
    Attached Files
  • Kiel
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

Welcome to MU
    Underground Baby!

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

Lots of explorers up in SLC for certain! Rope skills go a long way towards getting you into the less explored (and trashed) areas of the mines.

Just sold my KLR650 since I didn't ride it as much as I wanted. Fun bike, but really too heavy for me in the dirt. On the street it's either the Road King or the Concours 14.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Jeff
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Nov 2008

Welcome to the forum. Check out the meetup site for our BBQ on the 27th.
        Jeff
        Mojave Mine Team
        Follow me on Facebook

Comment

Working...