How did you find out about Mojave Underground?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mojaveunderground
    Administrator
    Mojave Child
    • Sep 2007

How did you find out about Mojave Underground?

Mojave Underground is advertising all over the web and community. We want to know how you found out about Mojave Underground. This will help us to further our advertising and get more people on here with more information.
    Friend
    0%
    Another Forum
    0%
    Google
    0%
    Other Website
    0%
    Wikipedia
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Mojave Underground Web Administrator
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

I made Mojave Underground! It all started on a far away trip with just Stu, Crystal, and I. Stu got the name Mojave after standing in the bed of my truck while doing 75mph down a dirt road in west desert. After a few random conversations, we started talking about a community. A few names were tossed around, and the Mojave Underground came up, based off my uncle's reanactment ground, Mojave Muleskinners. We thought the name of Underground to be appropriate due to our love for mines.

Eventually we began talking about a website to allow people to know of us and our ventures. On my 22nd birthday, late at night, I find myself bored and browsing the internet. It came to me that I should start a forum to post of our adventures, and alas... Mojave Underground was born!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Ace McStud
      Mojave Child
      • Feb 2008

I found it on google via a search for Little Brush Creek Cave.

Comment

• Stuart
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

I am Mojave

I owe all the credit for the creation of this site to Mike (DudeFish).
        Mojave Underground was born deep inside of a mine and it returns there often for inspiration.
        I am very pleased with all the wonderful members who have participated both on the forum and out on our adventures.
        Explore, explore, explore!

-Mojave
        -Stuart Burgess
        Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
        Burgess Exploration LLC
        http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
        Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• safetysteve
          Mojave Baby
          • Nov 2008

I found Mojave Underground on Google Earth looking for the location of the old Vipont Mine. I found out recently from my father that my Great Great Grandfather worked in the Vipont as a superintendent in the late 1800's. Now I know why I've been a miner all my adult life - it's genetic.

Comment

• Derek
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2008

I was talking to DOGM one day about my love for mine exploring and they recommended that I visit this site where I could meet up with responsible and educated people that share my love of mine exploring.
            -Derek
            Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mike
              Administrator
              True Mojave
              • Sep 2007

Well welcome to the site, Colton. Glad you have enjoyed what you've found here so far. Feel free to join us in our activities.
              -Fish
              Mojave Mine Team
              MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• KDT1970
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Miner
                • Sep 2009

I found it by searching for videos of mines on youtube.

Comment

• rhartill
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Outlaw
                  • Jun 2008

I credit Wikipedia as the way I "found" MU. But truth be told, it was probably googling two years ago that led me here. Since I was in process of building from scratch a mining history related wiki myself, when I found MU, it was like "deja-vu" all over again.... Now thru the NHMI [National Historic mining Inititative] at http://www.historicmines.org we are trying to flesh out a comprehensive database of historic mines. Check it out!

Comment

• ExpUt
                    True Mojave
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by rhartill
                    I credit Wikipedia as the way I "found" MU. But truth be told, it was probably googling two years ago that led me here. Since I was in process of building from scratch a mining history related wiki myself, when I found MU, it was like "deja-vu" all over again.... Now thru the NHMI [National Historic mining Inititative] at http://www.historicmines.org we are trying to flesh out a comprehensive database of historic mines. Check it out!
                    Looking great! Job well done

We comfortable with spreading it around? Sig lines OK? I'll do a little writeup about the initiative on a couple of the outdoor forums I frequent and a bigger one on ExpeditionUtah.
                    Kurt Williams
                    CruiserOutfitters.com
                    ExpeditionUtah.com
                    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mike
                      Administrator
                      True Mojave
                      • Sep 2007

I'm almost done building the site, I just need a little more time until we go public with it. Still deciding on whether to change the theme to something more professional or keep it the way it is. We also need a little more content on the site.

I believe we will go public with the site the day after our next management meeting. (Our next public planning meeting is December, watch your email inbox for your meetup invites.)
                      -Fish
                      Mojave Mine Team
                      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• bergdh
                        Advanced Explorer
                        Mojave Cowboy
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by ExpUt
                        Originally posted by rhartill
                        Looking great! Job well done

We comfortable with spreading it around? Sig lines OK? I'll do a little writeup about the initiative on a couple of the outdoor forums I frequent and a bigger one on ExpeditionUtah.
                        lookin good, love the rover in the vid!
                        <big></big>R. Berg #02
                        C. Berg
                        A. Berg

Supporting Your Adventure

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
                          Mojave Teen
                          • Sep 2009

I found out about Mojave Underground through a friend at Ghosttowns.com after I mentioned some mines I'd come across in Eureka and how I wished I had explored them but didn't have a flashlight at the time.
                          Rachel Heath
                          ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...