• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kal301
    Mojave Baby
    • Apr 2011

Hello from New Jersey

Hello,
    I am a mine explorer from New Jersey. I have never actually entered an abandoned mine, but have viewed shafts from the surface. I joined the site after seeing the greatness of the mines out west. Caches of dynamite? That stuff has never been found in a New Jersey mine as far as I know!
    Someday I hope to visit the mines of the Wild West.
    Thank you,
    ~kal301
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

Welcome to our little corner of the internet! I really haven't been in any mines either - mainly because I don't have any of the safety equipment. However, I have been to old mining areas and explored the surface remains. One of my biggest "problems" is my day pack usually comes back far heavier than when I left, because I'm always picking up cool looking chunks of rock/ore...

Hopefully you'll get the chance to come out to the "wild west" and see some of the mines out here.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• kal301
      Mojave Baby
      • Apr 2011

I also am lacking in safety equipment. I recently bought myself a Koehler 209 Safety Lamp on Ebay, and have been cleaning it and doing other maintenance on it to prepare it for mine use.
      I need to finally get myself that hard hat that I've been looking at for weeks now.

Comment

• rhartill
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jun 2008

Welcome to MU! I am a transplanted NJ person, having been born in Passaic! Parents grew up in Toms River...ever been to Franklin-Sterling Hill?

Comment

• kal301
          Mojave Baby
          • Apr 2011

Of course! In fact, I'll be at Sterling on the 30th for the mineral festival!

Comment

Working...