• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Organizing mine photos

Hi all,

I never head out into the desert without a camera or two. If I stop at more than one mine site it becomes a challenge trying to remember which pictures I took at which mine. I've came up with a trick that has solved the problem. When I get to a mine site I write the GPS coordinates in my notepad then take a photo of that page. When I look through the photos and come across a picture of my notebook I know all of the following pictures are of the same location. I also have the Lat/Lon so I can find the name in the mine database.

Silly little technique but it really works.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • cherokeepilot85
    Mojave Teen
    • Apr 2009

That is a great technique. It is actually similar to some of the techniques geologists use when in the field taking pictures.
    - Craig

Comment

• rhartill
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jun 2008

i use a 8.5 x 11 whiteboard with Lat Lon info and photograph it when visiting mines...the whiteboard allows for misc notes and provides some scale to the picture as well...

Comment

• rhartill
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jun 2008

For those Android smartphone users out there, here's a nifty app to capture GPS and photo data in order to recreate then versus now photo shots:

Comment

Working...