Stuart

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystal

Stuart

This is a picture I took of Stuart while we were on our honeymoon. It is at an overlook
    site in Homer, Alaska overlooking a volcanic mountian range. I believe the mountian in the
    back is Mount Redout, which is an active volcano.
    Tell me what you think!

-Crystal
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Howdy Mrs. Crystal. Yet another great potential photo. Good background and the subject stands out. The exposure levels are all within acceptable range. I like the warm light being cast on the side of stu's face from the sun. A couple things I see in this photo that could use work.
    In this case, use of the rule of thirds would help with the composition. You did well by lining him up somewhat with the left third horizon, but his eyes are centered. Bringing them up to a third line would help with the exposure. This can be corrected via cropping.

In terms of overall exposure, Stu's face is a bit dark against the background. A flash, preferebly with a softbox, would help stu to be better exposed and help him pop out from the background even more, giving a greater sense of depth. A little dodging in photoshot can help to correct this. A great rule to follow is when you take a photo and look at it on your LCD and say, "I can fix that in photoshop" the best thing to do is stop, correct what is wrong in camera, then retake the image. Nothing beats the real exposure. Well hope that helps! Thanks for using Photographers Review.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...