X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Paulson
    Mojave Child
    • Apr 2018

Gas detector recommendations?

Looks like the thread has been dead for a long time. But I am looking for recommendations on a good underground gas detector? Thank you.
  • mr_ketchum
    Mojave Teen
    • Nov 2017

The BW Clip devices are popular. Some use the single gas meter in O2 and some use the more expensive 4 gas meter.

A wide range of portable gas detectors and gas area monitors offering real-time visibility of your workers’ safety status. Safety, compliance and productivity

Some people will chastise you for buying a single gas meter. I hope this doesn't turn into a pissing match...

Comment

• Ashes_nonsense
      Mojave Baby
      • Jun 2018

Oh good question! I was wondering this as well. Looks like not enough activity for pissing matches Ha.

Comment

• mr_ketchum
        Mojave Teen
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Ashes_nonsense
        Oh good question! I was wondering this as well. Looks like not enough activity for pissing matches Ha.
        You'll get it on the facebook group. Are you a member there?

Comment

• Ashes_nonsense
          Mojave Baby
          • Jun 2018

I sent a request to be added to the group but still waiting on that approval!

Comment

• Joanne
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2009

I'm glad to see you guys posting. The Facebook page is nice, but it's difficult to carry on good conversations since Facebook likes to "rearrange" the order that they present posts. At least here you can go back months later and find a thread.

Joanne
            Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Matt Paulson
              Mojave Child
              • Apr 2018

I ended up getting the Altair 4X. It's been a rugged detector. I forgot it was on me when crawling through a tight entrance and I dragged it through about 20' of dirt and rocks and it was fine. I am happy I opted for the 4-gas detector, as I encountered H2S in a mine I was exploring.

Comment

• ben_john7
                Mojave Baby
                • Sep 2020

A very good option is the "Gas-Pro" by Johnson Controls. Detection of up to 5 gases in a compact, rugged solution.

Comment

• headhunter
                  Mojave Baby
                  • Oct 2020

Originally posted by ben_john7
                  A very good option is the "Gas-Pro" by Johnson Controls. Detection of up to 5 gases in a compact, rugged solution.
                  Recently, I've been trying to learn more about gas detectors and BW comes up a lot.

I tried to find more information about the Johnson Controls Gas-Pro with a Google Search and didn't find much.

The BW Technologies BWC4-Y-N Clip4 is listed to show oxygen, lower explosive limit, hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide. What are the 5 gases detected by the Gas-Pro?

I was looking up the BW Technologies BWC4-Y-N Clip4 and noticed that it currently cost $475 on Amazon. (I don't buy everything on Amazon, but it's often a good place to do a quick price check.)

What does the Gas-Pro cost and where can I find it?

Christian

Comment

• souza13alex
                    Mojave Baby
                    • Sep 2020

Crowcon Gas-Pro IR 5 Gas Confined Space Entry Monitor with PID Sensor has good parameters, but the price bites a lot.

Comment

• souza13alex
                      Mojave Baby
                      • Sep 2020

Good afternoon! Sorry if I'm off-topic. Please advise experienced ReactJS developer. I'm looking for a partner for my small underground project. Any questions as well as suggestions can be posted in this thread.

Requirements:
                      1 year of commercial experience using ReactJS;
                      Knowledge of class/functional React Components, React Hooks;
                      Experience with Redux, Redux-Thunk, React Router;
                      Knowledge of JS fundamentals;
                      Knowledge of ES6+;
                      Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS;
                      Knowledge of REST API;
                      Knowledge of websockets;
                      Expertise in building responsive layouts;
                      Experience in using Git;
                      At least Intermediate English.

ReactJS is popular, reliable, and a solid choice for companies looking to put together fast, responsive frontend applications. According to a recent study of developers by StackOverflow, more than 74 percent of the developers surveyed said they “loved” working with it — more than any other competing framework. It’s not hard to see why. ReactJS is an open-source, JavaScript-enabled library that allows developers enormous flexibility in developing frontend applications. Originally developed in 2013 by Facebook, the library enables applications that can run multiple user interfaces at once, without slowdowns in processing speed.
                      https://procoders.tech/hire-react-js-developers/
                      Last edited by souza13alex; 08-04-2021, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Working...