X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VegasUnderworld
    Mojave Baby
    • May 2013

Marking light ideas.

Most times, mines are fairly simple to navigate, but occasionally a mine splits several times and everything starts to look alike. In those situations I've used cyalume sticks, but more often than not I've found that I cracked open a new stick only to find that finding a way out was simple. Then I feel like I just wasted a good stick. I've been experimenting with battery operated LED strobes, but have found the quality to be questionable. Some just stop working which could end up getting you more lost. Does anyone have a good marker light idea?
    VegasUnderworld.com
  • leavittwoodland
    Mojave Child
    • Mar 2013

Not sure how bright you are looking to have them, but a few ideas i have had are:
    - Glow in the dark stickers stars or stones (http://www.hearthsong.com/product.as...FYx_QgodRx8AfQ)
    - Glow in the dark pen
    - Portable LED lights (http://www.amazon.com/Fulcrum-30010-...portable+light)

Those are just a few ideas. I normally dont use anything except what i find in the mine (wood, marking in the dirt, etc). Let me know what you find, a light would be better, especially in some of the larger stopes that have many exits and entrances.
    Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce? Members of the League of Shadows!

Comment

• VegasUnderworld
      Mojave Baby
      • May 2013

I've tried a few glow in the dark options without success. The problem is they don't glow very long. Maybe 5 minutes at max and another 20 minutes at the most before going near dark.

Your Amazon link looks promising, but I was looking for a strobe light. If I remember, I'll swing by PetSmart and see if they have any pet collar strobe lights. Something like that might work. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know if I find anything good.
      VegasUnderworld.com

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

You could always use reflective indoor spraypaint and draw arrows.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Kiel
          Mojave Miner
          • Feb 2009

I just remember where I'm going
          Underground Baby!

Comment

Working...