X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Pocket Knife - SOG Flash II

I always carry a pocket knife when me when I am camping or mine exploring. I just feel unprepared if I don't have one in my pocket or backpack. When I am underground, especially if it entails ropes, I always have it easily accessible in the event that I get my clothing or hair caught in the ascending/descending gear.

After looking at a number of knives I decided on the SOG Flash II. It is an assisted opening knife so I can open and use the knife with just one hand. It acts similar to a switchblade, but is designed to be legal. Once opened, the blade locks in place. The knife features a safety lock so the blade can't accidentally open when the safety is on. The blade length is 3 1/2 inches so it's large enough for most cutting tasks you might want to use a pocket knife for. Like most "tactical" knives, it has a pocket clip so it won't slip out of your pocket, or down into your pocket where it will be difficult to retrieve when you need it. It is available in a number of different colors, and is offered with a partially serrated blade.

I've had two of these knives and have been happy with the quality and durability. I just found one on Amazon for $42 so it's reasonably priced for the quality. If you are in the market for a new knife, this is one you may want to take a look at.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • Jeff
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Nov 2008

I have owned SOG stuff in the past and liked the quality.
    Jeff
    Mojave Mine Team
    Follow me on Facebook

Comment

Working...