• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stuart
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Bright Headlamp!

I'm thinking of buying this bike light and mounting it to my helmet: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30864
    900 lumens, 3 hour run time, comes with a detached Li-On battery pack, all for 82.43 with free shipping!

This thing would make a great spotter, I would still use my Myo XP as my main but with this mounted up there also I could throw all my other mounted lights in the "backup" bin. Easy to mount and convert to helmet use! The lamp unit should light and the battery pack can mount in my back or on my belt.
    -Stuart Burgess
    Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
    Burgess Exploration LLC
    http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
    Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer
  • ryan162
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

those look great! ive seen a guy online make a helmet mount for those

ive been eyeballing this one on there since im in the helmet market. only thing that sucks is the three AAA. but im thinking of converting it to single 18650 cell so that ive got compatibility between my lights.

Comment

• Mike Schriber
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Dec 2008

Good grief! Is hat a headlamp or a WRC accessory! I think one would be plenty. I wonder if it's actually too bright for a headlamp? Close up work would be way too bright. The relatively short runtime is also a drawback. I like it but I think I'll stick to my regular headlamp (plus standby helmet lithium light) and the handheld 900 lumen photon hose for special occasions.

If you do it, be sure to post pictures!

Mike
      Underground Explorers
      California Abandoned Mine Exploration

Comment

• Mike369
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Sep 2010

I don't mean to bring up an extremely old thread but did anyone ever get one of these? I am thinking of getting a 900 lumen 5-mode one that may have a longer run time. For the price I don't think these can be beat. I also saw that there is a 1400 lumen model now. I was thinking that you could cut off the side lights and mount them on the side of your helmet to spread out the weight and beam. I also like the remote switch and the new battery pack.

Comment

• Kiel
          Mojave Miner
          • Feb 2009

Did you read the reviews, apparently MAGICSHINE isn't a quality light brand ha ha. Seems like quite a few quality problems, but hey it's cheap right. When you actually look at the hardware, it only has 1 decent spot led, the p7 where most of the output comes from. Hard to say whcih way I would go, 100 bucks is still a bit of money
          Underground Baby!

Comment

• Mike369
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Sep 2010

I have researched this light a little more and since it has been out it seems that they have made a few improvements. But to be on the safe side is there another super bright head light out there that is around $100? It would be worth losing a few lumen to get a quality light. This light also only claims to put out 900 lumen but is probably a lot less. I am really on a budget and don't have $250 to spend on a light, but I also want to get the most light for the money.

Comment

• Kiel
              Mojave Miner
              • Feb 2009

The had a recall on the batteries for these due to fires. I guess the light is pretty decent, they had it really tested and it put out 495 lumens, which is pretty good for 100 bucks.
              Underground Baby!

Comment

Working...