• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockRacer
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Lumen Totals

I brought this up to Mike last Saturday. I though it would be fun to figure out how many lumens everyone is packing on their head. People like Mike and Stu, it may take a minute to calculate everything. Maybe a breakdown of each source of light and it's lumen count, then a total at the bottom...
    Tobin - K7TOB

• ryan162
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

ive been carrying a mix of minimags, maglights and leds as ive upgraded but from here on out me and my girl will be each carrying a sets of these...

MTE M3-2 MC-E.these are the main lights. ive fixed the solder joints in these and added thermal paste to give these a long life. i run them on the 18650 battery's and only use high mode when needed

Ultrafire C1 R2. these are the back ups. ive added aluminum foil and thermal paste to fill the large gap between the drop-in and the walls of these lights.. they're built beefy and also run on the 18650's so they will give there battery to the main lights when needed. i bought some holsters for them but i dont know if they will be too cumbersome in the mines
    edit: these are getting retired. they do not have enough flood. ive decided against them for mine use. great lights for outdoor use though.

Ultrafire A20 Q5. these are the back up to the back ups. i also have head bands that will hold these. this size is a good fit for a pocket or worn around the neck. i haven't gotten them yet so i cant comment on any fixes or mods that will help them. edit: these are my EDC's while at work. they are great little lights. they are a shade big for single cell, but they are also brighter then the average single cell light. they havnt needed any fixes. i did however modify the button so they can tail stand properly. they are both now fitted with 550 cord to be worn around the neck.

total rated lumins:1170
    realistic lumins lol: 800ish

Comment

Working...