X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Solarforce L2P Flashlight

I have been using a Solarforce L2P for a couple of years now and it has been a rock solid light. At a recent sporting goods event I was looking at a brand named Lumaforce and noticed that they offered an LF1 light that looks EXACTLY like the Solarforce model. Turns out they come out of the same factory. Lumaforce also offers weapon mounts, so that may be a benefit if you are looking for a dual purpose light.

The L2P/LF1 light offered as a component system allowing you to configure the light to your needs. The all aluminum housing is based on around an 18650 battery (although cr123a batteries will fit as well) and uses a P60 drop-in. A wide variety of accessories are available for the light including holsters, belt clips, color lens filters, tactical bezels, and much more.

For those of you who aren't familiar with 18650 batteries, they are most commonly used used in laptop battery packs. They offer good power capacity and are rechargeable, saving you money over disposable batteries. There are a wide variety of chargers available on the market including those that run off of 12v or wall power. The 12v chargers are especially nice when you are out on a multi-day exploring trip and need to recharge your batteries.

The P60 sized drop-in LED modules are available with a wide variety of LEDs, modes, and voltages to meet your needs. I wanted a light with high, medium, and low, but no flashing modes so I selected a "three mode" drop-in. Mine is equipped with an XML emitter and (supposedly) puts out about 500 lumens.

So if you are looking for your next mine exploring flashlight, this is one that you should consider.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Great! I'm in the market for a couple new lights. I love my ultrafires, but the LEDs burn out way too quick.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Jeff
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Nov 2008

I have been looking into alternate light sources.Thanks for sharing Joanne.
      Jeff
      Mojave Mine Team
      Follow me on Facebook

Comment

Working...