Clear All
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

North Tintic Public Open House - March 19th

DOGM PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE - North Tintic District
    Utah Abandoned Mine Reclamation Program

This is another chance to make a difference!

The Utah DOGM is hosting an Open House on Thursday, March 19th, 2009 from 4-7pm, to collect public interest on the closures of 220 abandoned mines in the North Tintic Mountains between Eureka in the south and Highway 73 in the north. Mojave Underground Inc. would like to invite every member of Mojave Underground, its associates, and friends, to attend this meeting.

This is a chance for the public (YOU!) to voice their concerns for the eradication of mining history. The more people we are able to get involved in this, the more successful we will be.

Information concerning the meeting can be found in the following documents:

We look forward to seeing everybody there.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook
  • one_bad_rover

Mike, is this the same area you guys were working on a few months ago?

Comment

• rhartill
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jun 2008

Location of North Tintic

Its a little further to the north of the area covered in the Mammoth reclamation. Includes the ghost town of Scranton, and mines directly N and slightly W of Eureka townsite, then the reclamation area travels N to Fairfield--its a large area.

A project map can be downloaded here:

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Going to try and make this but its not looking good
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• one_bad_rover

whew.. thats a lot of ground to get covered... Will be there with what info I can dig up. So what happened on the Mammoth rec. project? Did it run through, are they done, did they take anything into account and leave any of the sites?? LMK, here or email. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

The last I heard on the Mammoth Project was that contractor x took the project for a bid way under what the DOGM was asking. Initially, work was supposed to be done last summer. Rumors have it was pushed to this summer, but we are not sure.

This area is pretty huge. I have not personally visited any of the mines listed in this area.
            -Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• rhartill
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jun 2008

Anyone want to meet beforehand somewhere?

Who all is going and does anyone want to meet beforehand to discuss what we will see/say. These openhouses are notoriously unattended and it is very casual. They may or may not have a Powerpoint presentation running in an endless loop, and they'll have some notebooks spread out on tables, and they'll try to answer whatever questions you can muster, and then they'll brag to OSM that they have facilitated "public input.". I'll bring a camera with macro and hope to take as many pictures/notes that DOGM will let me as to their intentions in the area. I'll have my own notebook which I may or may not share with them, outlining which mines I think may qualify for NRHP status...

I'll try to leave early from work in order to be there when it starts and am open to meeting beforehand....

Comment

• Mike
                Administrator
                True Mojave
                • Sep 2007

I would like to meet with you beforehand, Russ. I'm pressed for time now, but lets meet at, say, 3:30pm? Suggest a place to meet and I'll be there.
                -Fish
                Mojave Mine Team
                MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• trentaiken
                  Mojave Child
                  • Jan 2009

Sorry I missed it, I had Jury Duty, keep posting them however, I will try to attend if I can.
                  Try it once to see if you like it or not, maybe twice to be sure

Comment

Working...