Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverstate55
    Mojave Teen
    • Oct 2010

Yeah, I looked at that, but parking off the freeway is sure to draw a visit from the highway patrol and I have concerns about crossing the Virgin River...it's known to be treacherous at times. Plus that section of highway is very narrow and tight, with few safe pull-off spots.

Comment

• tails
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by acidman1968
      Originally posted by tails
      A-10 location.
      N 36° 54.223 113° 50.259 W
      Wow... If I'm looking at the coordinates correctly on Google Earth, the area where the wreckage sits is gnarly. It looks to be about 6/10ths of a mile worth of a hike from the Virgin River, and about 1,200 feet worth of vertical elevation over that distance.
      Then your looking at the right place. Its so close to the highway but because of the terrain it might as well be 100 miles from anything. So close yet so far away.

Comment

• Joanne
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2009

I drive through the Virgin River Gorge on a frequent basis. It is extremely rugged, high angle with lots of cliff faces. I found some online reports of other who have made their way to the site so obviously there is a way to get there. The problem is finding that route.

Here's a video of traveling through the gorge from south to north. Virgin River Gorge video This video gives a feel for how rugged this terrain is. That said, I'm in for a go at finding it. My son wants to go too.

Joanne
        Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

Working...