Meetup Ideas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystal

Meetup Ideas

It's getting to be that time of year again, mine exploring time!
    I want to start scheduling more Meetups but I want public input first. Tell me where you want to go and the best days of the week for you.
    Let me know if you want more camping trips or hiking or whatever! Post it here and I'll make it happen.
  • Kiel
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

I would like to hit up the eureka area, plus some more west desert stuff. Weekends, sat and sun are best for me
    Underground Baby!

Comment

• John
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Kiel
      I would like to hit up the eureka area, plus some more west desert stuff. Weekends, sat and sun are best for me
      Me too. Lets see some of the Tintic area mines.

Comment

• Troy
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Mar 2009

I would like to get into the chicago tunnel up in Jacob City. There are multiple mines in there I would like to explore.
        Troy E.

Comment

• Mark1955
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Dec 2008

Some of us have been trying to put together a three day trip to Ely, NV. Tour Belmont Mill and mine and many other things in the area. Sunday morning ride on Nevada Northern Steam railway and tour steam shops afterwards, etc. Probably stay at Hotel Nevada. Anyone else interested let me know...

Mark

Comment

• KDT1970
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Sep 2009

I would like to see more of the Ophir Mine, for beginner.
            besides the normal places begginers usually go to. My daughter just turnned 18 and wants to come allong also.

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
              Mojave Teen
              • Sep 2009

I have Saturdays and Sundays off now and would love to see the Tintics, Jacob City and the west desert. I'm all for camping.
              Rachel Heath
              ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

• Crystal

Thanks for the input guys, I will start working on making meetups to some of those places. If you have any more ideas let me know.

Comment

• ghostshot
                  Mojave Child
                  • Jul 2010

New to the idea of mine exploration and not well prepared equipment wise.Lived here in Carbon County now for 12 years and never been inside any of the mines.Most are sealed up and I have not spent time to see if there are other ways in.Most of the long timers have always said to stay out,methane in the mines to what I consider the North (East) and no methane in the mines to the South (West).

I enjoy the idea of meeting new people who share an interest in exploring the outdoors and preserving what we have in our neck of the woods.I'm tired of some people destroying what is out there with no thought of their actions,I'm renaming the state flower to the beer can.

Maybe I could be topside support until I'm better equipped and can get my feet wet.

Camping is always a great idea,rock hounding,and photography I have the means for.

Anytime of the week is possible for me.
                  So many ghosts, so little time.

Comment

• Chuck Adan
                    Mojave Baby
                    • Aug 2009

I am fascinated with Hidden Treasure. Let's please go back there soon!
                    -Chuck

Comment

• Crystal

We have a trip scheduled for this Saturday! See if there is a spot open on meetup.com/mojaveunderground

Comment

Working...