Ophir Hill Campout February 13th-14th

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystal

Ophir Hill Campout February 13th-14th

The campout to Ophir we hosted last week had a great turnout. We had people all over the mine camping and snoring away. Saturday night, Stuart took a group of mostly new people and gave them a grand tour of the mine while the rest of us hung out in the Blue Room and did a little exploring nearby. On Sunday we had some people leave in the morning and had more arrive for the Intro Trip. Stuart and I took a small group consisting of Brent, Bobby and Dentin and went to find some new territory. We headed up Crystal’s incline, took a right and explored that entire section out, finding another exit! That makes five confirmed exits/entrances to the Ophir Hill mine. The one we found was a grated shaft. We continued to follow the stope up and found the largest room to be seen in the Ophir. Overall this was a very fun and exciting trip and thanks to everyone who came out with us and donated! We really appreciate it!

Check our Meetup site for upcoming events!
  • Mark1955
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Brenda and I had a great time there! Thanks so much for putting all this together!!! Looking foreword to the next M.U. outing!

P.S. I could have sworn I heard Moe, Larry, and Curley snoring in the background late that night in the Ophir Hill!

Mark

Added 2/22
    I forgot to post this and the link to all my pics so those in them can grab the full size pictures if they want to...

Link to photos... http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockhou...7623436875734/

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Really bummed I couldn't make it, sounded like a great trip!
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• btay801
        Mojave Teen
        • Jul 2009

THE best trip yet for me. Thanks for taking us out on Saturday night Stuart to do the loop. Sliding down the ore shoot was awesome! And the trip up Crystal's incline to find the 5th exit was really cool too, wish I could have seen the 6th. Such a fun trip. You guys always do such a great job organizing these trips.

Comment

• btay801
          Mojave Teen
          • Jul 2009

Oh almost forgot. Kurt, you missed out. We took Dentin underground for this trip. He loved it. Had a hard time keeping track of him though, he wanted to see every part of the mine. It was good times. See you next trip maybe.

Comment

Working...