Our New Winch

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystal

Our New Winch

A few weeks ago several of the MU leaders received a phone call from a good friend telling us that an important opportunity had come up and we needed to take advantage of it as soon as possible. A custom made winch had become available and we needed to pick it up in Phoenix, Arizona. Now this is not any old winch, it was designed specifically to descend deep mine shafts up to 2300 feet. Needless to say we were extremely excited about this incredible opportunity so we sent two of our best down to pick it up. Jeff and his lady friend Alexus along with Mike started out their journey in Jeff's big old Dodge Ram. The journey began well, but around 1:00 AM Saturday morning I received a phone call from Mike saying that they were broken down in Leeds and would be hitchhiking to St. George to get a tow truck. Luckily a hog truck driver from Milford was heading that way and was nice enough to give the three of them a ride. Once in St. George they had to wait until morning to get a fuel pump sent up from Vegas and install it.

The trio arrived in Phoenix very late Saturday night and decided to eat at a small cafe on the outskirts of town. The meal was good, but apparently it was not the best place to eat. After spending all their money on a new fuel pump and gas for the drive, Jeff and Alexus decided to sleep in the cab while Mike slept in the truck bed. Not long after they had settled down, Alexus developed a severe case of food poisoning and threw up allover inside the truck. No one slept at all that night.

After a hellish night, the red-eyed bunch drove over to the winch owners house to pick up the prized possession. Getting the winch onto the truck was not as big of an ordeal as they thought it would be, the four of them were able to lift it into the truck, strap it down, and make her road worthy. Thankfully the trip back home was uneventful and Jeff was able to drive all fifteen hours home fueled by Monsters, Rockstars, and the nauseating smell of puke.

Thank you Jeff, Mike, and Alexus for all of your hard work and dedication!
  • Derek
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2008

Hmmm..I don't remember Jeff's truck looking like the one pictured.
    -Derek
    Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Funny... Just too funny! Creative.

'The Real Winch Report', by Steven Colbert
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator