Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattramone
    Mojave Baby
    • Aug 2009

My name is Matt Ramone and I this will be my 2nd post... Mark1955, to put your conpiracy theory to rest, I am not of Spanish Decent, nor was I or my little brother smuggling stuff and hiding it in mines, or even hiding illegal individuals in the mines, or taking stuff out of the mines for salvage. To be politically correct we are both of Native American decent.

I am 100 percent sure that who you saw that day was us. Reading this post a few weeks ago...it hit me that you were talking about us. I checked my pictures and sure enough we were up there on 8/23/09 the same Sunday you were there. I live in Tooele and my little brother still lives at home with my parents in Ephraim. Every time we get a chance we stop and explore mines or I teach him about the very thing that intrests me. I do remember being there and seeing you with a few other guys who pulled up and parked below the entrance to the mine. So we walked over to the Beck #1 shaft to get out of your hair and looked around for a while. Thinking that you were gone, my little brother took off his shirt cause we just finished hiking down the side of the hill and he was sweating. I noticed you guys were still there and told him to throw his shirt back on. His shirt wasn't inside out and we had nothing to hide.

Just thought I would stop by and explain to you that we aren't up to anything at the Beck #2 Shaft. Love mines and most of all the history of the American West!

Tried posting on this subject a few months ago but could not log in until now.

These are some pictures from that day.

PS- Don't shoot us please!

Matt Ramone
    mattramone81@gmail.com
    Matt Ramone

Comment

• Troy
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Mar 2009

Matt: welcome to the group first of all. Second, I know for a fact that the members if this forum are among the kindest people there are. Sorry for the confusion, your story is actually a relief as there are people out there that you never know what their intentions are. Obviously your intentions were good and you've found the right place for exploration and camraderie among fellow explorers.
      Troy E.

Comment

• cherokeepilot85
        Mojave Teen
        • Apr 2009

Matt, what mine is that in the second picture?
        - Craig

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

Hey Matt,

(Great name by the way. My son is also a Matt!)

Welcome aboard the list!! I hope that you decide to stick around and share some of your mine experiences and photos with us.

Joanne
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mark1955
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Dec 2008

Hi Matt,

Yes... welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found us. I am also glad you enjoy checking out mines and yes, I am sometimes paranoid about individuals doing damage or harm to any existing structures or the mines themselves. I remember one of us said hi that day but you two walked right past us and kept going so what were we to think. Anyway enjoy the forums and enjoy exploring mines but do so safely!! BTW: Oddly one of the other guys with us that day is also named Matt!!!

Mark

Comment

• Derek
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cherokeepilot85
              Matt, what mine is that in the second picture?
              The second picture looks like the Chief No. 1 shaft and the third picture if for sure the Eagle-Bluebell shaft.
              -Derek
              Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• John
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Miner
                • Oct 2008

Funny stuff.

Welcome to the boards Matt. Hope to see ya at some of the groups activities.

Comment

• Mike
                  Administrator
                  True Mojave
                  • Sep 2007

Thats too funny. Welcome again, Matt. I have yet to make it out to the Beck yet. Perhaps in a future trip.
                  -Fish
                  Mojave Mine Team
                  MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• KDT1970
                    Advanced Explorer
                    Mojave Miner
                    • Sep 2009

I found this, though i dont know how accurate it is.

XIII. CENTENNIAL-EUREKA MINE, Eureka, Utah
                    Owner: U. V. Industries Inc., University Club Building, Salt Lake
                    City, Utah
                    Description: Seventy foot A-frame wood headframe with remnants of
                    the hoist house and a stone structure to the rear. Located just
                    south of Eureka. Less than one-half acre in size.
                    Date: Ca. 1892 - ............
                    Longitude-Latitude: 112° 07' 18" Long. 39° 56' 38" Lat.
                    Significance: The largest wood headframe in the district,
                    purportedly with timbers from Norway. The Centennial-Eureka
                    was also a large Tintic producer, originally known as the "Blue
                    Rock. 1 '
                    XIV.% EAGLE AND BLUE BELL MINE, Eureka, Utah
                    Owner: Chief Consolidated Mining Co., Eureka, UT 84628
                    Description: An approximate two-acre area consisting of a
                    wooden A-frame headframe, wood-framed surface buildings, and ore
                    bins, and a massive cone-shaped ore dump. Located just south of
                    Eureka and south of the Chief Consolidated #1 Mine.
                    Date: Early 1900s
                    Longitude-Latitude: 112° 07! 00" Long. 39° 54' 48" Lat. -
                    Significance: The Eagle and Blue Bell represents an extensive
                    remain of a "surface plant," sitting together with its ore dump.
                    XV. BECK NO. 2 MINE, East Tintic District (Utah County) $
                    Owner: Amax Arizona Inc., Tucson, ^Arizona
                    Description: Fifty foot wooden headframe A-frame Montana type with
                    frame hoist room and blacksmith shop. Located north of the Iron
                    Blossom #3 in east Tintic on the Utah County side. Less than
                    one-half acre in size.
                    Date: 1890s
                    Longitude-Latitude: 112° 05' 48" Long, 39° 56' 38" Lat.
                    Significance: A remaining wooden headframe with some surface
                    plant buildings helping to document the process of mining.
                    XVI. YANKEE HEADFRAME, East Tintic Distroct (Utah County) ^
                    Owner: Anaconda Company, 1849 West North Temple, Salt Lake City,
                    UT 84116
                    Description: Wooden A frame Montana-type headframe. Located south
                    of Khightsville town site in Utah county, east Tintic.

Comment

• Mark1955
                      Advanced Explorer
                      Mojave Outlaw
                      • Dec 2008

I should also mention to Matt and his brother that they could have gone into the Beck Mine with us had he said something to us. We had just come from the Mickey Mouse mine that afternoon.... Hope we run into them out there again so they get to go inside!!

Mark

Comment

• mattramone
                        Mojave Baby
                        • Aug 2009

Nice to meet you all...
                        Troy I agree that every single person that I have met through Mojave Underground has been by far the nicest, helpful and have the most interesting stories I've ever heard!
                        Cherokeepilot85, that is the side view of the Beck#2 head frame I do believe.
                        Mark I understand, It just tickled me silly to see a post about us. I actually went into that mine that is next to the beck #2 shaft two weeks ago. Is it for sure called the beck mine? I've done some research and can't find the info on the workings. Since it's by the beck #2 shaft I just call it the beck mine. We explored it for over 5 hours. We first went right from the main tunnel and spent 3 1/2 hours on that side. Here are some pictures:

Does anyone know what is beyond that pile of rubble where the picture of the miner is on the wall? I tried to squeeze through the debris but found it would be dangerous without a shovel.
                        Here is the picture of the miner I’m talking about:

On our way out we decided to go explore the south side of the mine… We went pretty far in and found 2 ore cars in great condition on the track. Beyond that, we found some dynamite and an area 15 feet long and 4 feet wide at the end of that same tunnel that was covered in mold which we found bizarre. Had to head back out at that point, it was getting late. I would like to explore it some more. Here are some pictures from that South side:

Take Care!
                        Matt Ramone

Comment

• Stuart
                          Administrator
                          True Mojave
                          • Sep 2007

So funny! We had a nice little conspiracy going on, but in the end we are all just curious mine explorers. Welcome aboard Matt!

Does anyone know what is beyond that pile of rubble where the picture of the miner is on the wall? I tried to squeeze through the debris but found it would be dangerous without a shovel.
                          Jeremiah and I climbed past the rubble last time we were in there. On top of the rubble is a raise that goes almost straight up into what I believe to be the Humbug Tunnels. Most, if not all, of the air blowing out of the portal is coming down this raise from the mines above.

I'm glad you were able to visit the Beck #2 mine, it is a good one with lots of things to see!
                          -Stuart Burgess
                          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                          Burgess Exploration LLC
                          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
                          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• KDT1970
                            Advanced Explorer
                            Mojave Miner
                            • Sep 2009

can I get a google map of where this mine is please.
                            if anyone has it u can pm me or post it here if u feel ok posting that here.

Comment

Working...