X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeffBett
    Mojave Child
    • Feb 2009

Joshua Tree/Mojave Desert Exploring

The Underground Explorers did a quick run out to the mining district just outside of Joshua Tree National Park to the Mission Mine and others. If you can believe it we actually stayed in tents for a change. The Mission mine is ~600 feet deep and we scouted it out this trip and will be returning in April to drop down into it. We scouted out dozens of other mines to explore and dropped down ~300 feet to the bottom of the Goldenrod mine.

There is plenty of sites here to keep us busy for awhile. Mike had along his new "photon pump" that helped a lot (thanks Stuart) Mine and Kurt's are on order now, I can't imagine going without it.

The photos from the trip are posted on our site at:
    Underground Explorer Pictures

Looking forward to the next trip

Jeff
    Underground Explorers
    California Abandoned Mine Exploration
    Professional Abandoned Mine Exploration and Technical Services: Photos, stories, information and links about exploring abandoned mines, mine exploring safety and abandoned mine professional services.
  • Derek
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2008

Thanks for the report Jeff. Keep us updated on what you guys find and maybe we will be able to put together another trip out there with you guys.
    -Derek
    Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• ryan162
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Feb 2009

great pictures! off topic but what was in the bottom of that shaft in the odessa mine? also ive seen that mine called the Oregon mine but im beginning to wonder about the names of mines out there since some are unlisted and others are right on top or continuations of older ones.

and one last question. is it worth going to war eagle and nooday without climbing gear? i see alot of vertical in most peoples pictures

Comment

• Mike Schriber
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Dec 2008

The shaft in the Odessa mine with the rope across it? There is nothing down there. No levels.

Most of the War Eagle can be done with no climbing gear. The same goes for the Noonday. They're both incredible places to explore.

Mike
        Underground Explorers
        California Abandoned Mine Exploration

Comment

Working...