• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lobster68w
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Dec 2008

A trip to the Dugways and the lost (but found) digital camera

About a month or so ago Don, Kris, and I headed out to the Dugways to play a bit and find some scap iron from bombings long ago. Well, after finding some pretty cool stuff, they decided to show me where the old bus was on the eastern side of the S turns. We parked by the bus, and walked around a bit. Found a new mine up in the hills to check out when it dries out a bid. Anyway, were standing there talking and Don picks up this digital camera and hands it too me. I'm like "what's this". "isin't it yours"? Nope. We had just found a camera sitting in the snow and grass that's been there for who knows how long. The camera was broke, but I managed to get the memory card out. When we looked at it, the last picture taken was from OCT of last year. There was about 800 pics on it including a wedding, BYU grad, trip to Seatlle, etc. Very memorable events. Well, I contacted Dugway PD who ran the plates off a few vehicles and they made a match. They gave the guy my name and info and he got ahold of me. Today the memory card was snuggled up inside a nice padded box and returned to the owners. What are the chances of all that happening?

I think my Karma is good for a while

Éirinn go Brách
  • KDT1970
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Sep 2009

Wow that is a cool story. Atleast u didnt find a camera with some very upsetting or bad images.

Comment

Working...