X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ossyconno
    Mojave Teen
    • Jun 2010

Mine Pics

Since a few have been showing photos of their adventures I thought some of you may enjoy these photos I took last October of the Colorado mine in the Tintic district of UT. These photo's are of the 300ft level.

• Dino
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Jan 2009

Cool photos! Thanks for sharing. Looks like there's still some good mineralization in some of those pics.

Comment

• Derek
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2008

Thanks for sharing! The shaft to this mine is completely covered at the top. I had no idea that this was the lower entrance into this mine. I've been in there and had no idea I was in the Colorado.
      -Derek
      Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Ossyconno
        Mojave Teen
        • Jun 2010

Derek. If you go back to photo 79 and 80 in the list part 1 that is the Colorado Number 1 shaft. It had a depth of 500 ft which had some work that did not amount to much. So I was told anyway. If you went all the way back to the stope area, somewhere in there is a drift that leads to the Sioux works. Another so I was told. I ran out of time so I did not do a very detail search for it. Also there is a tunnel that was filled up over by the still standing ore bin that you can crawl through. This is the 250 ft level that leads to the Colorado number 2 shaft and the major stope workings of the Colorado. We are planning to enter this month sometime. Also I went through the 300 ft level last March and between that time and when I took these photos someone and/or someone's had gone in and pulled down pipes, timbers and ladders. Sad that people have to be like that.

Comment

• lobster68w
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Dec 2008

These pictures are actually from the Minnie Moore. There is a significant amount of air coming out of the portal, but I have not found anywhere where it connects yet. I've spent about 10 hours in this one so far. I also noticed someone had been doing some work in it. Not sure if this is patented or not. Either way it's a cool mine.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• Ossyconno
            Mojave Teen
            • Jun 2010

Yes the entrance is the Minnie Moore for approx. 750ft when you come to the T then it ties into the old Colorado. At least that was what I was told. From that point on it matches the 1911 300ft level mapping of the Colorado we have. We wheeled and compassed the mine and mapped it on google earth. You can tell the Minnie Moore portion is far more recent work then the rest of the mine. Who's to say. Maybe someone knows for sure.

Comment

• Derek
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2008

Yeah I think the Colorado number 2 shaft is the one that is completely covered. In fact if you didn't know any better, you would never know anything was there at one point in time. All that is left of the number 2 shaft on the old railroad grade is an old building that housed electrical transformers.
              -Derek
              Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• ghostwanderer
                Mojave Teen
                • Jan 2011

so im to assume the minnie moore is still acessible and connects to multiple mines in the area
                matthew zabriskie

Comment

• lobster68w
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Miner
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ghostwanderer
                  so im to assume the minnie moore is still acessible and connects to multiple mines in the area

The road to the MM is fenced off and marked with "no trespassing". There is security in the area, but I don't know if they go up that far. The MM does not connect to anything other than a level of the Colorado. It's all one level except for a short winze that goes nowhere.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• ghostwanderer
                    Mojave Teen
                    • Jan 2011

ive only ever seen deer hunters a guy in a small ranger and a guy from the trixie area only on the main pass road though
                    matthew zabriskie

Comment

• Dudicus64
                      Mojave Baby
                      • Oct 2011

So, say someone wanted to explore a little in this area, any chance of getting a google placemark of where the Minnie Moore entrance is? Just a description perhaps?

Comment

• Ossyconno
                        Mojave Teen
                        • Jun 2010

Going Saturday if you want to join up......

Comment

• Dudicus64
                          Mojave Baby
                          • Oct 2011

Crud! I just checked this! I would gladly tag along! I vote that you go again!

Comment

Working...