• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Mine photos

Went out last weekend and boy was it cold. That is what I like about going underground. once you get in there a ways the temp is pretty well regulated. These are some photos of the mine that we went in. I'm not sure of the name the mine but it was pretty hard to get to.
    This is a side of a dynamite box we found down there. There were about 4-5 intact boxes that we saw down there.

This is a water pump we found on one of the middle levels. It was pretty cool to see. There was tons of rubber hose for this pump but it was really rotten. On this level there was about 1-2 feet of water, but it wasn't on any other level. It was kind of weird.

This was a blasting cap tin that we found in this mine. I have seen blasting caps before and know how dangerous they are but I have never seen a tin that they are stored in. I thought this was a chew can at first. There was a blasting cap inside once we opened it up. I left the blasting cap in the mine, there no way I was going to bring it home.

This was at the lowest level that we could safely get to. This is one of my favorite pics.

Overall this was a great trip.

• silverstate55
    Mojave Teen
    • Oct 2010

WOW, sweet finds there! It's always a bit of an adrenaline rush when you can find intact explosives boxes & other goodies, isn't it?

Good thing you were able to safely get that blasting cap out of the tin!!! WHEW!!

Great photos!

Comment

• Kiel
      Mojave Miner
      • Feb 2009

Sweet! I love finding stuff, whats the icc number on the box?
      Underground Baby!

Comment

• Derek
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2008

What is the general vicinity of this mine?
        -Derek
        Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mike369
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Sep 2010

It was in the lower dry canyon area. It was gated but part of the gate was cut out and you could squeeze by. I would give coordinates but my sweet, expensive GPS decided to freeze up as soon as we left the pavement.

Comment

• KDT1970
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Sep 2009

I have been in a few of the lower dry canyon mines and havnt come accross anything like that yet. So maybe you could PM a google map of about were it is at.

Comment

Working...