• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

DOGM closure pictures

I found these pictures of some mines that have been reclaimed by the DOGM. This sucks. These mines are now inaccesssible and all of that history is now lost. Who knows what could have been in these mines. I read through the abandoned mine reclamation page and it is sort of funny. It said that MOST people that enter abandoned mines don't come out alive. I guess if you aren't properly prepared and don't know anything about mines then they are probably dangerous. But if you have a good understanding of the preparation it takes and safety requirements then it can be a fun and educational experience. I'm glad that we have this forum and people that are truly dedicated to preserving mining history in Utah. I even read on one of their pages that mining played a big part in Utah's history. Yet they want to reclaim this history and prevent anyone from ever seeing it. The thing that tops it off is that they aren't just reclaiming mines, they are tearing down dangerous structures like; ore bins, cabins, mills, and other free standing mining structures.
    I'm going to stay safe inside mines so that I don't become a DOGM statistic and fuel their cause.

• Kiel
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

How would they know people died inside? They never check before they fill them up and cement them over. Stupid DOGM
    Underground Baby!

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

Re: DOGM closure pictures

Originally posted by Mike369

Yet they want to reclaim this history and prevent anyone from ever seeing it. The thing that tops it off is that they aren't just reclaiming mines, they are tearing down dangerous structures like; ore bins, cabins, mills, and other free standing mining structures.
      That's the part I don't understand... Why do they have to destroy EVERYTHING that is related to the mining? It's almost like they feel that mining was evil and all traces of it must be wiped out.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• acidman1968
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Jun 2010

Re: DOGM closure pictures

Originally posted by Joanne
        Originally posted by Mike369

Yet they want to reclaim this history and prevent anyone from ever seeing it. The thing that tops it off is that they aren't just reclaiming mines, they are tearing down dangerous structures like; ore bins, cabins, mills, and other free standing mining structures.
        That's the part I don't understand... Why do they have to destroy EVERYTHING that is related to the mining? It's almost like they feel that mining was evil and all traces of it must be wiped out.

Joanne
        Unfortunately, in many cases, the bureaucrats that are making these decisions are heavily influenced by the enviro-nazis who want to erase any trace that man has made.

I've often said that if the DOGM (or the BLM, FS, etc.) were out destroying Native American sites, there would be a HUGE public outcry. But because they're only wiping out old mining areas, only a few people actually seem to give a damn. After all, "they're just dangerous old mines".

What people don't recognize, is that those government entities are destroying AMERICAN HISTORY!!! After all, how much of the westward expansion of this country was fueled by mining?
        I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

Working...