• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Various questions on local mines.

I went out to the Ophir/Dry canyon area this weekend and had a blast. We went into the Utah Queen and had a lot of fun. Some questions though. Is the Wandering Jew mine close to there? I have some coordinates but there wasn't a mine where the coordinates took me. Where is the mine exactly? If I understand correctly the Wandering Jew is private and you need permission to enter, correct? I would love to explore the Green Eyed Monster to look at the cave and the Ophir hill mine. Are all these mines owned by the same family? I know its the Ault family that owns the Ophir hill but do they own the rest? How can I contact them or should I go through you guys here? Next subject, the Honerine Mine. I am going to go to this mine next (probably). Do I need climbing gear for this mine? I have heard that it drops vertically quite a bit and I want to make the most of it. I would rather not get into rappelling down mines just yet. Is there a lot to see in this mine? Next Subject- Eureka. One of my next couple of trips is going to be down by Eureka and again I want to make the most of my trip there. What are some must see mines in the Eureka area? I have heard of the mines down there being really neat. I am just really excited about this mine exploration and want to really have fun and see some history. Thanks

Working...