• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Ophir area this weekend

I will be going out to the Ophir area this weekend. I haven't really explored any of the big mines out there. I want to make the most of my trip. I should have most of the day sunday to explore so time doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
    If you were to name the must see mines out there what would they be?
    Whish ones are your favorites? Why?
    Which ones have the best history to see?
    I like seeing the old mining equipment so maybe a mine with a lot of that stuff would be cool.
    Thanks

• totegote
    Mojave Baby
    • Sep 2010

I'm also new to all this. I have been in the Skin diver that I know for sure. It was great.
    Is there any other mines like the Skin diver around that area?

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by totegote
      I'm also new to all this. I have been in the Skin diver that I know for sure. It was great.
      Is there any other mines like the Skin diver around that area?
      Tote Gote? My dad had a couple of them when I was growing up. He used them when he was up deer hunting. I rode the small one some, but his big one was too heavy for me. I haven't thought about those in years! Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• KING GOTE

I went to the Ophir area last week and had a great time. I would also like to know of a good one to check out.

Comment

• Mike369
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Sep 2010

So we went out to dry canyon this past weekend. We went into the Silver Diver and Utah Queen mines. The Silver Diver is a fun one to go in and sign the book. It looks like people make it into that one weekly. The Utah Queen was a great mine. We spent quite a bit of time in there. There are some downshoots that I would love to go down and see whats down there. One of them went down about 30-40 feet then split and one side was full of water. Have any of you gone down these shoots? We went up to the Hidden Treasure mine knowing that it was closed but just to see where it was. That is a really nice gate on there. I would like to go out and venture through that mine sometime. This trip has really got me wanting more. Are there more mines that are fun to go in right around the Utah Queen? We looked around but couldn't find any.

Comment

Working...