• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KDT1970
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Sep 2009

Anyone know what mines these are?

Does anyone know the name of these two mines?
    40°27'25.15"N 112°20'51.61"W
    40°27'24.96"N 112°20'51.20"W
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

a claim map of the area to help start your research:

and of course this USGS PP is a classic:

Scientific study of the geology and ore deposits of the Stockton Fairfield Quadrangle W of Salt Lake City, Utah. Includes coverage of the Rush Valley, Ophir,...

Comment

• KDT1970
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Sep 2009

I ask because the north one is nothing to special, unless you really enjoy crawling through really tiny holes.
      But the south one even though the tailing piles are small goes in for a bit and winds around, it appears to possibly connect to other tunnels due to the lack of tailings and that there are mine tracks inside.
      I was only inside for about 25 to 30 minutes due to the fact that my person on the outside was expecting us back in 30 mins. we have a thing set up to where when we state a time the person on the outside is to call for help if no one has returned after double the time allotted.
      The only thing I wasn’t sure about was in a few spots before I decided to turn back there were a few pockets of what smelled like something dead. But on the other hand there were pack rats inside so I would like to return but without a gas meter, I don’t know.

Comment

Working...