• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lobster68w
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Dec 2008

Stockton and Kennecott

Anybody drive through Stockton lately? There is now a large drilling site on the north edge of town. There also was a pickup coming down from the Honerine area. Don't know if it was security or not. I know the area got fenced off last fall, but now it's really not looking good.

I wonder how under the table that deal was for them to get that land? I assume that was BLM land since it has federal markings around it. You figure the people of Stockton would of put up a big stink about it since it effectively cut off alot of trails for them to use. Hmmm.....

This is a couple years old, but it's about the area-

GlobeNewswire specializes in the distribution and delivery of press releases, financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media and general public.

Éirinn go Brách
  • Mark1955
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Looks like Corey missed getting these claims! Dam Canadians!

Comment

• Dino
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Jan 2009

I think all the activity going on around Stockton is part of the Utah DOGM Farnsworth Project a.k.a Kessler Project to close 195 abandoned mine sites this summer. see the link below for more information. It may be too late to do any exploring in the mines listed in the project for closure.

Comment

• Derek
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2008

It looks like a well drilling rig to me, since it is right next to the well house for the gravel pit.
        -Derek
        Mojave Mine Team

Comment

Working...