• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danb
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2009

Silverado Mine Ophir,UT

Below is a link to see inside what I was told was the “Silverado Mine”. South & East of Ophir, UT.
    We explored the mine in the mid 90’s. FYI, there is some adult langue in this video.
    It’s about 30 minets and should stream. When I made these video's 15 years ago I had no idea
    I would be able to put them out to the world. I wish I would of done a better job of filming.

Enjoy,

Dan

We do it underground and under water.
    Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

• Troy
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Mar 2009

Cool video Dan. I think i've been in that mine back in '02. Is it still open?? Thanks for sharing your videos with us.
    Troy E.

Comment

• lobster68w
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Dec 2008

Does anyone have a decent description of the location or GPS for it?

Never heard of it, but I'm sure I've been by it before. If it's on the south side of Ophir, it's more than likely been sealed.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• lobster68w
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lobster68w
        Does anyone have a decent description of the location or GPS for it?

Never heard of it, but I'm sure I've been by it before. If it's on the south side of Ophir, it's more than likely been sealed.

OK, I downloaded the vid to watch it, as the embedded was too small to see.

I've been to this mine (more like tailings pile) before. The rails coming out are gone, and it's most definitely been DOGMinized. I'd love to get into this one, along with a couple others in the area. Mindat lists this as the Baltimore Tunnel Occurrence.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• tunnel rat
          Mojave Teen
          • Sep 2008

I pretty sure this is the Buffalo mine.
          To take no chances in life, is to have no chance at life.
          Shawn
          Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• UnderUtah
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jun 2008

Definately the Buffalo. The carts are now gone, so is the track. So that's who picked at the formations in the cave...
            Miah
            Mojave Mine Team

"...It's the only way... Go in, or go back..."

Comment

• Danb
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Cowboy
              • Sep 2009

Here’s the cords: N 40° 21’ 36” W 112° 14’ 24”. A friend of mine worked for Centurion Mines at the time. They had drilling rigs up Silverado Canyon and I think they probably nick named it the Silverado Mine. The topo map just says “Mine”. There is a raise that comes out some where on top of the mountain as there was a pretty good up draft. Fresh air is allways good. I took a quick glance at the BLM master plats and it looks like it is not patented. And back then there where several people getting lots of samples from the cave and other places in the mine. The last time I was there (1997/ the steel door was locked. Tracks still there. Yellow building still there, along with the old cabin. I wounder where the ore carts and mucker went. And if I remeber right, there where newer ore carts and some older carts farther back in the mine on a narrower gauge track.
              We do it underground and under water.
              Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

Comment

• Dino
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Cowboy
                • Jan 2009

It looks like the mine that is on the Hercules claims. I'm just above it with the Fourth of July No 2 patent and would definetly like to get into this mine to evaluate the mineralization and water table. I've been thinking about reopening the adit to the Fourth of July No 2, but after reading all of the requirements I may be in for more than I bargained. I've got until 2011 to drill a well to attempt to perfect 4.8 acre feet of water rights and would like to understand more of the underground geology in this area. I bought the patented claim from Centurion and heard they did some drilling on it and hit water. Anybody got any idea as to where they drilled? Any information would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...