• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark1955
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Dugways tommrrow...

Not like many people will see this but Lobster 68 and I are head'n to the Dugways tommrrow...if anyone here wants to join us just IM me tonight to find out the time and place we are meeting up at... I'll also be passing through Tooele, Stockton, and Rush Valley... if anyone along the way needs a ride just let me know.

Mark
  • RockRacer
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

How did it go Mark? Any pictures?
    Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Mark1955
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Dec 2008

Didn't go... I hope to get out this weekend... I already have soooooo many Dugway pictures... I do need to shoot some video out there though.

Comment

• lobster68w
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Dec 2008

Next Sat were heading to Gold Hill and coming back through the desert (depends on how much snow we get next week). We could hit the Dugway's instead. Get past the shaft in the Four Metals and back into the Lauris to get some more Fluorite out of it. There is also that mine that I found that we should get into. I might have a couple of people who would go.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• cherokeepilot85
          Mojave Teen
          • Apr 2009

I have heard a lot about the Four Metals mine and I know where it is. The Lauris mine is one that I have only heard something about an old tramway, is that right? Where is the Lauris mine?
          We were out at the Dugway range this summer and loved the mining remains and history out there.
          - Craig

Comment

• Mark1955
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Dec 2008

The Lauris is on the west side of the Dugways facing The Dugway Geode Beds. You drive all the way around and into a smallish canyon. Then walk the rest of the way up. The Canon Mine which is at the end of the road that goes past Kelly's hole has at least two colors of flourite and much larger Flourite available than at the Lauris.... larger than you can carry!

Lobs.. I'm not one for sitt'n around watchin football this Sunday, or ever for that matter... thats wasted time. I'm headin out! I will probably be in Wyoming the next weekend anyway so I need to get out this weekend. The exact locations of the mines around the Dugways are all on Minedat and here on the Mojave Google mine matrix overlay. I'll probably be goin Sunday if anyone else wants to meet me out there lets set a time and place via Mojave's IM.

Comment

• lobster68w
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Dec 2008

I took some people up there today. It was an introductory to exploring kinda day. They liked it, so now we have two more people interested in our cause! The roads in the Dugway's are so-so. I got some really nice purple crystal stuff out of the Lauris as well as some nice green fluorite. We wanted dig for topaz, but there was to much snow. Got some nice box pyrite from the Ironsides Shaft. We started in Gold Hill, they even climbed the ladder up. I wonder who left all that TP on the 150' level?! I'll fill you in if we get past the shaft and continue on in the Four Metals next weekend. I'm hoping it goes for at least a little ways!

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• Mark1955
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Dec 2008

I wonder who left all that TP on the 150' level?!
                I certianly wasn't anyone from the Mojave group, we saw thats tuff too! Probably from who ever chopped out all the nice vein in the roof way in the back. You won't find any Topaz in the Dugways... Topaz mountain is about the only place you can go legally dig for it... There is one other Topaz mione but it's privately held.

Comment

• lobster68w
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Miner
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mark1955
                  I wonder who left all that TP on the 150' level?!
                  I certianly wasn't anyone from the Mojave group, we saw thats tuff too! Probably from who ever chopped out all the nice vein in the roof way in the back. You won't find any Topaz in the Dugways... Topaz mountain is about the only place you can go legally dig for it... There is one other Topaz mione but it's privately held.

There is a spot right across the road from the Geobeds. A guy I work with found it. You can see it carved out of the side of a hill. Don't know if it's private or not, but there was no sign up there. Hmmm.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• Mark1955
                    Advanced Explorer
                    Mojave Outlaw
                    • Dec 2008

Yea, I know exactly where you mean... I have bveen up there too. I think it was once some sort of quarry. No Topaz though...

Mark

Comment

Working...