X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrocks94
    Mojave Baby
    • Oct 2009

Bar X Mine and Death Canyon

Hey everyone! I went out to Death Canyon (Simpson Mountains) a few months ago and had a blast! First off I would recommend any mine enthusiast to check this mine out! It is definitely an extensive mine and has different passages everywhere! There are a few shafts way in the back that are shored up just a bit and someone has spray painted DANGER! on one of the beams. Has anyone gone down into these? I'm not a repeller at all so I couldn't go down there but I bet a lot of you guys CAN repel. This was an awesome mine so I hope you all find some time to take a trip way out into the desert and check out this mine! Keep on keepin' on!
  • Kiel
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

I know a guy over on expeditonutah.com owns those mines and is activly using them. He had invited them out to check them out just about anytime as long as he knew and they were respectful of his property
    Underground Baby!

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Floyd Mann is his name and the best point of contact for him these days is Corey Shuman of Gold Rush Expeditions, Corey and Floyd are good friends. Corey is here on Mojave, you might try dropping him a note.

Death Canyon is a neat place to explore, had some great trips working the mines out there.
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Patrocks94
        Mojave Baby
        • Oct 2009

I saw the mines that were apparently and obviously still being worked. They had gates on them and had signs stating that this was an active claim. The mine I went into looked completely abandoned and had no signs at the front of the adit or anything.

Comment

Working...