Questions about the Hidden Treasure Mine.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danb
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2009

Questions about the Hidden Treasure Mine.

1. After you get down the metal ladder, what is the approximate diameter and length of the opening down to the main tunnel level, and does it twist? I’m 6’8” not over weight and just want to know what to expect. The last time I was in the Hidden Treasure was the day after they rescued Josh Dennis. The lost Boy Scout. The tunnel was still open and they had a backhoe there to start closing the tunnel.

2. The last time I was at the upper road to the mine it was blocked by debris from grading the main road for drilling rig access above the turn off to the mine. Is that road passable by trucks now? Or is it still ATV access only?
    We do it underground and under water.
    Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

• Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Hey danb,
    The whole town of Jacob City is accessible by almost any decent vehicle, due to that road build for the rigs and the recent maintenance by the county.

When going down the ladder, there is a slight twist and drop down into the mine tunnel, but its not bad. I'm 6'4" 250, and do just fine in there. I think the taller, the better. You'll have to do some sliding around, but no need to worry.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Danb
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Sep 2009

Good deal. Thanks for the info. I hope the weather holds out for the 24 OCT 09 meetup.

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

I hope so too. Make sure you RSVP on meetup I'd you plan to join us! (see sig)
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Danb
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Sep 2009

Copy That!