X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motherlode68
    Mojave Baby
    • Jul 2009

Telluride CO. ?

Has anyone here ever explored any mines in the Telluride CO. area?
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

'Barely'... I've been out there exploring via 4x4 several times. We've poked around a couple of mines but the majority of the mines we visited were right along major tourist 4x4 corridors and are closed, not reclaimed (thank goodness), just closed. We have stumbled across a few open mines in that area, none in Telluride proper but one at the bottom of Yankee Boy and one in I believe Governors Basin.

I know a group of the Mojave Mine Team made it out to Ouray this past year and had the chance to poke around some mines, they might have some more intel.
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mark1955
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Dec 2008

I've always been very impressed how Colorado has just left those mines alone along the highway going out of Denver... Gives the area a certain ambiance.... looks really cool too.

Mark

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Colorado's mining heritage is immaculately preserved. Its incredible to go there and see the amount of time and money spend on preserving these areas.

Like Kurt said, we made it out to Ouray / Creede / Silverton back in June. Its a pretty wet location; these mines have a lot of water. I know telluride has some substantial mining operations; if they are anything like the other areas of Colorado not to far away, they will definitely be worth visiting.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• one_bad_rover

the Blues and Brews (I think thats what its called) is awesome and in Telluride.

Comment

Working...