• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Mine Exploring Competitions

I was thinking it might be fun to hold an annual Abandoned Mine Explorers competition, competing for the best physical abilities, skills, and technique. Something like an incline run for the light and fast, an ore cart pull for the strong, a vertical ascent for the skilled, rockhounding, team relays, etc, all based on time. An incline run could include dropping to the bottom of an incline, grabbing a pre placed artifact and bringing it back up. The ore card pull could include pulling a loaded ore cart into the mine to a specified point and back out again, with a team relay option of taking a cart in empty, loading it up by shovel, and hauling it back out. Ropework challenges would be for those skilled in SRT and would be simple, a climb up to a specified point, grabbing an artifact at the top, and descending back to the ground. Rockhounding could be a cement block with a fake jewel inside, or something similar, the obvious goal being to extract the jewel. What does everybody think? I'd love to have your input on events, or whether people would be interested in such an activity at all.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook
  • ryan162
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

cool idea but maybe in a climbing wall type enviroment? im not skilled in any of the rope work but i imagine safty might weaken with speed.

how about you all come check out silver king with me in Calico and hoist my butt up and down the vertical shafts? ill give a beer prize to the one who makes my swiss seat with the most crotch room lol

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

A climbing wall is hardly the environment for such events. Could you imagine running a loaded 1 ton ore cart through the Quarry or Hansons Mountaineering? Now that I'd like to see! No soft padding for the lumberjack events Safety would be a top priority of course. Robert and Miah would take care of all the rigging for ropework.
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• TooeleCherokee
        Mojave Teen
        • Jan 2009

I would be in as long as Stu was disqualified for being either a non Human or a Super human thus giving some other people a chance at winning

Comment

• Crystal

Originally posted by TooeleCherokee
          I would be in as long as Stu was disqualified for being either a non Human or a Super human thus giving some other people a chance at winning
          My thoughts exactly. Stuart will be allowed to participate but maybe we won't let him have a chance at winning the prizes.
          I'm also thinking we should have prizes to all the participants. Maybe entry fees to raise money for MU??
          Sounds like a fun idea.

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

A small entry fee would be great! Stu can compete for prize in the cart pulling though. I think he's got competition in that area He's not the only super human in our group though... Jeremiah will likely own the competition in ropework, and IDK who can out rockhound me... so were all in!

What kind of prizes should we give to each winner?
            -Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Crystal

The prizes will be mojave shirts, flashlights, baked goods, gift cards and perhaps a MU logo plaque??

Comment

• Mark1955
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Dec 2008

I cold see this becomming a new TV series next fall.

Comment

Working...