• XXX Snow
    Mojave Teen
    • Sep 2008

Relief " Dream" Mine

Has anyone from MU been in it? http://www.reliefmine.com/ Very interesting
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

I've read quite a bit about it in the past, though I've never seen that site, good find!

Its a very interesting story, City Weekly (local SLC magazine) did a write up on it 4-5 years ago, really sparked my interest as I had seen it over the years and always wondered what was up with it. I've read some other great info on it, but never from the source such as this one.

I wonder if they would be open to a tour for MU folks? Would be a really neat tour both from a mining aspect and from a history aspect.
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

A tour would be amazing. I'm not sure they would, however. From what I understand, they keep the mine itself very protected. Highly unlikely to allow us in, but if they did, that would be incredible. Anybody know any of the many shareholders?
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Derek
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2008

One must also note that this is not affliated with the LDS church whatsoever. From what I have been told the owners claim that there is a large reserve of gold in there, but they will not let anyone in there to verify it. Also I have heard that the reserves have not even been found by them.
        -Derek
        Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• btay801
          Mojave Teen
          • Jul 2009

Is this the mine site on the hill in Salem? If it is my grandfather lived in the gated off "mine property" for years. The "Dream Mine" was said to one day yield gold once again. My grandfather worked tirelessly for years in an old office writing a book about it, but when he presented it to the church he was told the LDS church did not believe in it and he could be excommunicated for having it. Being the good mormon he was he burned his findings. I have been to the entrance and around the old white mill, but not inside. Last i was up there was about 17 years ago. My grandfather has since passed and his wife (my step grandmother) had to move into an assisted living facility.

Comment

• btay801
            Mojave Teen
            • Jul 2009

I have been reading more about the Dream Mine. Go to reliefmine.com or reliefmineblog.com/nine-rooms-of-treasure-in-the-relief-mine-2/
            They believe that a bishop back in 1914 i think that Bishop Koyle had a messenger he named as the Angel Moroni come to him in a dream and tell him of the mine. They also believe there are 9 rooms of treasure and gold pillars left behind by the "Nephites" that suppsedly mined it. Bishop Koyle was made to sign a document that from what i can tell said he had made the whole thing up to not be excommunicated and the document to not be public. Well they excommunicted him anyways and published it the Deseret News front page the next day... as the story goes.

They believe that when the city of Zion is in dire need of food "the sky will be as dark as night and the moon will be red with blood", the mine will reopen.

Comment

• Joanne
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by btay801
              Is this the mine site on the hill in Salem? If it is my grandfather lived in the gated off "mine property" for years. The "Dream Mine" was said to one day yield gold once again. My grandfather worked tirelessly for years in an old office writing a book about it, but when he presented it to the church he was told the LDS church did not believe in it and he could be excommunicated for having it. Being the good mormon he was he burned his findings. I have been to the entrance and around the old white mill, but not inside. Last i was up there was about 17 years ago. My grandfather has since passed and his wife (my step grandmother) had to move into an assisted living facility.
              It's a sad thing that your grandfather's work was burned. I would have been a very interesting read.

Joanne
              Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Skylinerider
                Mojave Teen
                • Nov 2008

People occasionally sell their shares of the dream mine on KSl classifieds.
                www.drycanyonmaps.com

Comment

• Stuart
                  Administrator
                  True Mojave
                  • Sep 2007

Fascinating find indeed!

In Utah there are three famous mine legends. #1 is the Carre Shinob/ Rhodes Mines, #2 is the Montezuma Mines, and #3 is the Dream Mine. I have been hearing about all three since I was a very small boy. I find it very interesting that the Relief Mine has its own website with a wealth of information about the mines history. I spent over an hour on their website reading everything. I am going to contact them and see what I can work out in regards to a tour or an interview etc. I would like to shoot a short documentary about the mine and its history.
                  -Stuart Burgess
                  Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                  Burgess Exploration LLC
                  http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
                  Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• btay801
                    Mojave Teen
                    • Jul 2009

Let me know if i ca help Stuart. And Do not feel sheepish about throwing around the name Clarence Peterson or Miriam Peterson as they are both my grandparents and might give you some leverage. Let me know Stuart if i can help.

Comment

Working...